Options

Realtor shoot

jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
edited January 10, 2011 in People
An agency I've been working with to shoot houses for sale asked me to shoot their new agent for a magazine ad and headshot. These are just straight out of the camera, but c&c welcome...

1149575800_nhUWE-X2.jpg

1149577656_7zAzy-XL.jpg

1149577909_nwu8m-XL.jpg

1149576703_ck9va-XL.jpg

full set here...
http://jmphotocraft.smugmug.com/Portraits/Brianne

thanks.
-Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.

Comments

• Options
    DeaconDeacon Registered Users Posts: 239 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2011
    number two, good lighting and a straight in the eye look. I am afraid too many realtors think that a photo you took 20 years ago is appropriate now and "glam" shots will get more business. I see a trend of eliminating those type of shots or photos at all from realtor marketing.
    deacon
  • Options
    reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2011
    I'm on a notoriously dark monitor at work but the lighting looks gorgeous!
    Will check these again when I get home though to see what they look like.
    The first and last are my faves but I would crop out the bottom of the first image to get rid of the small table at the right bottom corner of the frame....
    Great job on these and she's lovely!
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • Options
    edited January 8, 2011
    Deacon wrote: »
    number two, good lighting and a straight in the eye look. I am afraid too many realtors think that a photo you took 20 years ago is appropriate now and "glam" shots will get more business. I see a trend of eliminating those type of shots or photos at all from realtor marketing.
    deacon

Thank you, agreed.
    reyvee61 wrote: »
    I'm on a notoriously dark monitor at work but the lighting looks gorgeous!
    Will check these again when I get home though to see what they look like.
    The first and last are my faves but I would crop out the bottom of the first image to get rid of the small table at the right bottom corner of the frame....
    Great job on these and she's lovely!

Thanks, she was a natural in front of the camera. The cropping you suggest will probably happen when it goes to a magazine or 4:5 cropping. But I hope they don't Leibovitz her boots. ;) I agree though, wish I had thought to drag that table out of the way in the first place (I did later).
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.
  • Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2011
    Very nice shots. These look really good as-is so are going look awesome with just a little processing. Much different than the 15 year old photographs the agents around my area use. I crack up their huge 80 & 90's hair styles. Can't imagine they think thats going to work to get them clients.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • Options
    ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2011
    Unprofessional
    The images are nicely done. I like the setting and the window light.

The styling of her wardrobe though is way too casual for someone selling high end homes. The boots and jeans are great for a casual shoot, but having worked in Real Estate and Finance - the untucked shirt, boots are too fashion related to show someone serious about her profession.

Anonymous Cuban, if you drive down Valley Circle, most of the bus bench realtor photos are mine and the big hair isn't.
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com
  • Options
    reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2011
    On my home display now and they look fantastic!
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2011
    ChatKat wrote: »
    The images are nicely done. I like the setting and the window light.

The styling of her wardrobe though is way too casual for someone selling high end homes. The boots and jeans are great for a casual shoot, but having worked in Real Estate and Finance - the untucked shirt, boots are too fashion related to show someone serious about her profession.

Anonymous Cuban, if you drive down Valley Circle, most of the bus bench realtor photos are mine and the big hair isn't.

When you say "yours"... do you mean you took the photos or they are photos of you? If the latter, I'm gonna have to drive down Valley Circle tomorrow. Around what block should I start looking?
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • Options
    edited January 8, 2011

We are in Maine and almost everything here is very casual. Very few professions require suits here. At my day job as a software engineer I can wear shorts in the summer.
    reyvee61 wrote: »
    On my home display now and they look fantastic!

thanks!
    -Jack

• Options
    edited January 8, 2011
    We are in Maine and almost everything here is very casual. Very few professions require suits here. At my day job as a software engineer I can wear shorts in the summer.

thanks!

The untucked blouse is too casual....it looks sloppy.
    Kathy Rappaport
  • Options
    edited January 8, 2011
    When you say "yours"... do you mean you took the photos or they are photos of you? If the latter, I'm gonna have to drive down Valley Circle tomorrow. Around what block should I start looking?

Realtors on bus benches. Bell Canyon. Roscoe south to the 101 freeway. I took the photos.
    Kathy Rappaport
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited January 8, 2011
    I think the're great for just a model shoot. However, they are too informal for the "office".
    She could make a fortune as a model if the real estate gig doesn't work out! She certainly looks comfortable in front of the lens and she isn't hard on the eyes either.
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2011
    I like one but needs some major cropping.
    As is I like three but less bright a smidge more contrast and black point....baby crop from the top.
    They don't look to casual to me.
  • Options
    edited January 8, 2011
    The untucked blouse is too casual....it looks sloppy.

I'm not going to argue that, but I don't make the wardrobe decisions.
    -Jack

• Options
    edited January 8, 2011
    no argument there, but I don't make the wardrobe decisions.

I think the photographer is responsible for everything in the frame including some of the wardrobe styling, hair and makeup but I also have a background in fashion.

I always check with the client and I suggest that things that are trendy for corporate type businesses be toned down. I am in Los Angeles area and it's very laid back but when people are in the business world, you want to see that everything works for them. It reflects on you as the commercial photographer.
    Kathy Rappaport
  • Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2011
    I like all except #3 ( a little too hot ). Colors and posing look great. They give a modern & airy feeling. Good job.
  • Options
    SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2011
    Number one is the winner for me. All are great images. Great job.
  • Options
    edited January 10, 2011
    Thanks everyone for the kind words and constructive criticism. I agree #3 is a bit blown.
    -Jack

• Options
    IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2011
    I think the first two say professional woman (OK, casual professional woman) but the third and fourth look like the receptionist in the professional woman's office. Go with one or two. They're very attractive images.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2011
    Beautiful + my favorite is #2 also. Nice way portraying somebody and showing what their "background" is at the same time! Very pretty.
    I'd totally hire her, she looks like a very friendly realtor that has great style.