Options

Sometimes the world is SO beautiful...

ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
edited August 24, 2005 in Holy Macro
I'm alone for a few days. So the dog and I can do exactly what we want and that is go to the beach at sunset. Actually the dog would prefer to spend all day at the beach, but I especially like sunset. She would also probably prefer me to leave my camera and just play with her, but she's getting a lot of what she wants.

The light was already pretty darn sweet when we got there.

33342531-L.jpg

One thing I like about this time of day on the beach is that the only people who are really enjoying themselves. Everyone who was just bringing the children to the beach or felt s/he had to go because after all this is an expensive vacation is long gone.

33342651-L.jpg

Probably these stairs actually went all the way down at one time. Perhaps whoever owns them didn't want the riffraff using them to trespass? Or maybe they just fell into disrepair what with erosion and winter storms and all.

33342806-L.jpg

I came for the sunset, and I wasn't disappointed.

33342933-L.jpg

One of the best things about being on the beach at this time is that I almost always run into some of my favorite people. It takes good taste to be on the beach at this time of day (if I do say so myself) and the people I run into are the ones who really know how to enjoy the island.

33342994-L.jpg

His plan is to kayak across the harbor to Coatue after dinner with his fishing rod and try to catch a striped bass or so.

He is also the father of the skim boarders you might recognize from a previous post of mine.

33335742-L.jpg

And they were with him.

33335786-L.jpg

What a treat to be able to swim in the ocean when it's that color.

33343025-L.jpg

I don't know how I could have been much happier.
If not now, when?

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,929 moderator
    edited August 24, 2005
    Bravo. clap.gifclapclap.gif You really captured that late afternoon light perfectly. Great series.

Cheers,
  • Options
    SnapHappySnapHappy Registered Users Posts: 328 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2005
    Great shots rutt, what an amazing looking beach. What i would do to live somewhere with that on my doorstep.
    Those silhouette's on the beach, especially the lone girl skimmer are perfect. You've captured her movement and stance perfectly. Well done clap.gif
  • Options
    4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2005
    Rutt those last couple are really special. I have been waiting all summer for those two thnxs for not disappointing.
  • Options
    DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2005
    How nice
    Ah, sigh! Beaches on the east coast are different from the west coast and I'm drawn to both.

These pictures remind me of parts of the Jersey Shore where you need fences to climb over the sand dunes...

Beautiful sunset too! I know you enjoyed your day!
  • Options
    NetgardenNetgarden Registered Users Posts: 829 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2005
    Awll Rutt, thanks for bringing back memories for me when I lived at the beach for 15 years. It is truly a special place after 5 p.m., and I know exactly what you mean! People used to say, "How can you stand living in all that mess of traffic?" The answer= The off season and sunsets! [to say nothing of the mornings, the night life and being at one with the elements.]

Your pictures are wonderful in all aspects, and tell the story well. yep, I can feel it!thumb.gif
  • Options
    lynnesitelynnesite Registered Users Posts: 747 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2005
    Thanks for sharing the beauty and the humor.
  • Options
    KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2005
    Very nice set. Ireally enjoyed it.thumb.gifthumb.gif