Options

Black and White Background.

dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
edited June 10, 2004 in Technique
Ok I feel rather like a newbie asking this questiong.... But..... I have seen many of you post photos that have a black and white background but the subject of the photo is in color. How do I do this.
Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
www.zxstudios.com
http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2004
    Ok I feel rather like a newbie asking this questiong.... But..... I have seen many of you post photos that have a black and white background but the subject of the photo is in color. How do I do this.
    It is ulta simple. You copy the image and paste it as a new layer. Turn the top layer into a B&W image. Then you erase the top layer in the areas you want the color layer below it to show through.
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2004
    If you have Photoshop or similar, what Shay described is called a Layer Mask. Really cool tool, I use it on almost every photo, to make an area brighter, to mess with colors and exposures. It's great when you can change an entire photo to improve just one part of the shot, then erase all the stuff you don't want. Then flatten the file and do it all over again.

Do you have an imaging program like Photoshop?
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2004
    Mate its not easy if you are a newbie like me. I have it down pat now & if you have PhotoShop i will be happy to explain it to you step by step.