Options

E-Session in the cold!

mpriest13mpriest13 Registered Users Posts: 222 Major grins
edited January 13, 2011 in Weddings
It was cold so we didn't take too much time...any and all C&C is always appreciated...

1152351843_8prw9-L.jpg

1152353734_oATAL-L.jpg

1152350071_CYCLT-L.jpg

1152350058_K4D4h-L.jpg

1152350936_4XxDm-L.jpg

1152350009_W5ngh-L.jpg

1152351035_6kc99-L.jpg

1152348469_qac2X-L.jpg

1152348941_NLqgq-L.jpg

1152348695_wpyfv-L.jpg

1152353775_GKRse-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2011
    These are all very appealing images. If I were you, I'd look again at my cropping choices, and maybe revisit white balance on some. I think that sometimes we can get a little anal about white balance, but if you are going to present images as a set to clients, their skin should look pretty consistant from shot to shot. I like the crop on the last one. They certainly don't all need to be that tight, but I think you waste some space with some as they are (particularly #10.) It appears you are going for a 4x6 format for all. That may be driving (and limiting) your choices.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • Options
    edited January 10, 2011
    Icebear wrote: »
    These are all very appealing images. If I were you, I'd look again at my cropping choices, and maybe revisit white balance on some. I think that sometimes we can get a little anal about white balance, but if you are going to present images as a set to clients, their skin should look pretty consistant from shot to shot. I like the crop on the last one. They certainly don't all need to be that tight, but I think you waste some space with some as they are (particularly #10.) It appears you are going for a 4x6 format for all. That may be driving (and limiting) your choices.

Thanks for the feedback!

Thanks for the reminder on the white balances as well. I was thinking they were looking a little "cool"..and you are right, they do need to be consistent.

Could you be a little more specific with regard to crops? I personally like a little negative space but I don't want to over-do it.
  • Options
    IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2011
    Gosh. Now I've gone and stepped in it!
    OK, take #4. I think it's too much about the great red wall. If you want to stay with your 4x6 format, I crop it at about his belt.
    In #8 I think the bright sky is a bit too much. IMO you could lose some of it, and the space behind her, and have a better image.
    #10 is the one that really would improve with a tighter crop. Too much busy tree for my taste. That one would love an 8x10 format.
    And as an added bonus :ivar if you call in the next ten minutes ('cause we can't do this all day you know) try cropping #2 vertically real tight. Into her hair even. I did it with my hands over the monitor and it wowed me. But that's just me.

You have some wonderful backgrounds in this series, but I think some of the shots are too much about the backgrounds. My guess is that the couple would be blown away with what you've shown us already.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • Options
    edited January 13, 2011
    Icebear wrote: »
    Gosh. Now I've gone and stepped in it!
    OK, take #4. I think it's too much about the great red wall. If you want to stay with your 4x6 format, I crop it at about his belt.
    In #8 I think the bright sky is a bit too much. IMO you could lose some of it, and the space behind her, and have a better image.
    #10 is the one that really would improve with a tighter crop. Too much busy tree for my taste. That one would love an 8x10 format.
    And as an added bonus :ivar if you call in the next ten minutes ('cause we can't do this all day you know) try cropping #2 vertically real tight. Into her hair even. I did it with my hands over the monitor and it wowed me. But that's just me.

You have some wonderful backgrounds in this series, but I think some of the shots are too much about the backgrounds. My guess is that the couple would be blown away with what you've shown us already.

Thanks for your input..I will try those crops and see if I like them.

Anyone else???