Options

Misty Morning Strangers

elfving73elfving73 Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
edited August 25, 2005 in Holy Macro
Yesterday, there was this nice morning mist sweeping in over the area where I live. I grabbed my camera bag and my son Liam - well, I didn't grab him, but I took him with me. :): When I spotted this photo opportunity the lonely woman was the only person in sight, perfectly lined up with the lower right "rule of thirds". But before I was ready to shoot, the scene had changed. Can't deside if it "works"?
33449833-O.jpg

Comments

• Options
    lynnesitelynnesite Registered Users Posts: 747 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2005
    Very nice natural framing and dramatic landscape! Rather than the woman, I'd like it better if just the couple were in the scene. The woman's big ole purse is unfortunate.
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,929 moderator
    edited August 25, 2005
    lynnesite wrote:
    Very nice natural framing and dramatic landscape! Rather than the woman, I'd like it better if just the couple were in the scene. The woman's big ole purse is unfortunate.
    15524779-Ti.gif Fortunately, with all that mist, it is easy to clone out the woman and just leave the couple. This took about two minutes:

33480564-M.jpg

It is a shot worth tweaking.

Cheers,
  • Options
    edited August 25, 2005
    Thanx Lynne!
    Haha! Yes, women and their purses! :D

Matty
    lynnesite wrote:
  • Options
    edited August 25, 2005
    Yepp! You're right! Cloning is an very easy...
    ... way to get the pictures the way you want'em. Sometimes just a little to easy, thou! At first, I considered cloning out the woman, then I begun to think that the couple was to close to eachother, looking a bit "clotty". Then I thought - why not clone out the couple, then "move" the woman...... then suddenly I decided to leave it the way it was. Not because it would be any problem, but because I felt like that would be to much tweakin' with reality.

Matty
    rsinmadrid wrote:
    15524779-Ti.gif Fortunately, with all that mist, it is easy to clone out the woman and just leave the couple. This took about two minutes:

33480564-M.jpg

It is a shot worth tweaking.

Cheers,
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited August 25, 2005
    lynnesite wrote:
    15524779-Ti.gif
  • Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2005
    I understand not wanting to mess with reality; I guess it's all in what you want to do. Do you want to document a moment in time, or do you want to create an artistically pleasing image? Obviously documenting something requires no really major PS magic be done. And certainly you can do both at the same time - make a really great image without any PS tricks.

In this case I think you have a very nice image that is clearly even better with the single woman removed. In fact, I would go so far as to say people would buy it with just the couple, but maybe not as it is.

It's all in what you are comfortable with. Either way it's really good work you should be proud of.