SmugLoader - manage your SmugMug photos and videos

123457»

Comments

• Snake007ukSnake007uk Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited December 29, 2010
    I just got home, and have started the application, and it is currently scanning for files, (I enabled duplicate check as well, assuming it will tell me where I have duplicates?) its taking 10 minutes so far and not finished.

I was also wondering if this application was opensourced?
    edited December 29, 2010
    ok its uploading the images, however after scanning it was short by 180 odd files, now I dont have many images over 25MB or many videos over 650MB, so I am curious as to what files its missing or skipping? is there a log for this?
    edited December 29, 2010
    ok I think i found the answer, avi, mov files are think are supported by smugmug or the SM not 100% sure which one. Can anyone confirm this?
  • udyudy Registered Users Posts: 139 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2010
    Snake007uk wrote: »
    ok I think i found the answer, avi, mov files are think are supported by smugmug or the SM not 100% sure which one. Can anyone confirm this?

Let's go private. I've sent you a private message.

Thanks,
    Claudiu
    edited December 30, 2010
    Release Candidate 3 Announcement
    This is a bugfix build.

It fixes an issue with not uploading files that have sizes not supported by SmugMug. SmugLoader skipped those. From now on SmugMug tries to take care of larger pictures. The video files have larger size limit for Power, and Pro users.

Thanks to Ali for pointing to the issue :-)
  • SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2011
    Looks like a lot of development has occurred since the last time I tried SL. I'll take a look at it again before my event coverage season starts again. It has potential to be the very best uploader for me.
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!
  • maigaardmaigaard Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited January 4, 2011
    HD videos still not working
    Hi.
    After being on vacation for 4 months, I finally got a chance to test the HD video download issue we discussed in August.
    First of: wow, this project has gotten far. The amount of features is amazing! With 10,000 photos and hundreds of videos to upload after my vacation, this app will be just perfect.

However, for the HD video downloads:
    I used the new RC3 version. I selected Originals for photos and 1920p for videos (assuming that if 1920p is not available, I will get 1280p, and if not available, then 640p etc - basically "whatever the highest resolution is).

However, in galleries where I have full HD videos (1920p), I still get just 640p videos. These work fine and are now placed in the gallery folder (fantastic!) but I would very much like to be able to download the full res videos.

One other question:
    all the images downloaded will have today's date as the modified / created date. Any chance the images and videos can keep their creation date from the original file?

Thanks!

Best regards
    Soren
    edited January 7, 2011
    Release Candidate 4 Announcement
    The RC 4 has just been released.

It brings huge performance gain with large number of files (it was present with 4000+ files, depending on the machine).
    There are other optimizations, and fixes.

I want to thank Ali for presenting the performance issue, and his hard work with testing the application clap.gif. SmugLoader can't become better without help from the community.

Enjoy the better SmugLoader!
    edited January 8, 2011
    I had to remove the RC-4 build from the server because of a bug I found. As soon as the bug is fixed, I'll publish RC-4.

Sorry.
    edited January 8, 2011
    RC-4 is back again. I hope it's working now.
  • jepjep Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited January 17, 2011
    First of all - This is was a much needed utility - so THANK YOU!
    I am using RC-4 and Version: Java 6 Update 23 Operating System: Windows 7 6.1 (64bit)

I was trying to upload 184 pictures, and it worked flawlessly and FAST for the first 2-pages and then froze. No response at all from the program for over 30 minutes. the first 100 files were transfered, only the remaining 84 files were listed, so I hit upload again. - This time the froze after the first page -- the files transfered ok..

Any ideas?
    edited January 17, 2011
    jep wrote: »
    First of all - This is was a much needed utility - so THANK YOU!
    I am using RC-4 and Version: Java 6 Update 23 Operating System: Windows 7 6.1 (64bit)

I was trying to upload 184 pictures, and it worked flawlessly and FAST for the first 2-pages and then froze. No response at all from the program for over 30 minutes. the first 100 files were transfered, only the remaining 84 files were listed, so I hit upload again. - This time the froze after the first page -- the files transfered ok..

Any ideas?

Thanks for the report. I'll look into it.
    edited January 17, 2011
    If anyone else is experimenting the same issue, please let me know, and use RC-3. If you use RC-3, the batch of files to be uploaded must not be large, in order to have a responsive user interface. Usually less than 5000 will hopefully work, but it might depend on your particular configuration.

Thanks.
    edited January 19, 2011
    RC-5 Release Announcement
    Hi all,

I've just released the RC-5 which fixes an issue with the table containing the upload queue not being refreshed, after an upload has succeeded.

I couldn't reproduce the freeze reported above. If you get an UI freeze, please let me know, and I'll help you provide the necessary info.

Thanks,
    edited January 27, 2011
    Great stuff - now the 1080p video download works!
    I don't know what changed, but with RC-5 it downloads whatever the highest res video is (so if you click 1920p, you get that if available, and if not, then you get he highest of whatever is). This is perfect!

However, something else broke for me.
    When I download an album, it will always go into:
    /smugmug/NULL/album
    when it should go into:
    /smugmug/Category/Subcategory/album

This used to work fine for me. Anyone else seeing this?

Best regards
    Soren

udy wrote: »
    Hi all,

I've just released the RC-5 which fixes an issue with the table containing the upload queue not being refreshed, after an upload has succeeded.

I couldn't reproduce the freeze reported above. If you get an UI freeze, please let me know, and I'll help you provide the necessary info.

Thanks,
    edited January 27, 2011
    maigaard wrote: »
    Great stuff - now the 1080p video download works!
    I don't know what changed, but with RC-5 it downloads whatever the highest res video is (so if you click 1920p, you get that if available, and if not, then you get he highest of whatever is). This is perfect!

I'm glad it works now.
    maigaard wrote: »
    However, something else broke for me.
    When I download an album, it will always go into:
    /smugmug/NULL/album
    when it should go into:
    /smugmug/Category/Subcategory/album

This used to work fine for me. Anyone else seeing this?

Best regards
    Soren
    I'm aware of this. I'll take care of it thumb.gif

Thanks for the feedback.
    edited January 29, 2011
    I tried the newest release on my wyse thin client and had the same failures that I had before of it getting stuck on files. I didn't have time to extensively test it, but may in the future.
    edited February 27, 2011
    New RC?
    Any news on when we might see an updated RC with the MTS support for upload and directory structure during download fixed?
    Not that I do not appreciate the great app already, but these fixes could really help me.

Best regards
    Soren
    edited February 28, 2011
    There will be a new RC soon. Critical stuff must be tested some more, before the release.

Best Regards,
    edited November 24, 2011
    Do you have a new version of this? I wanted to see if you supported deleting multiple galleries at once.
  • tsk1979tsk1979 Registered Users Posts: 937 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2011
    I am seeing somethng funny
    When I upload pics to a gallery, somehow the "hide photo" checkbox is on by default for photos!
    Is there some setting in smugloader to fix this?
    I am using smugloader 0.5
    edited December 3, 2011
    The issue was fixed some time ago. I'm preparing the final 0.5, which will have the fix.

Thanks
    edited July 6, 2012
    Is the final 0.5 ready with the hidden file bug fixed?
    edited July 6, 2012
    Hi,

There are a couple of issues that were discovered 2 weeks ago by a tester. As soon as I will find the time, I'll fix them, and hopefully release the final version. I hope I'll find the time this weekend. If not, I will surely work on them the next week.

On the other hand, if you want to test the current version (trunk), I'll be happy to email you a build. Just send me a PM with your email address.

Thanks for your understanding.
    edited July 10, 2012
    Great to see you still developing this great tool. thumb.gif I'll have to re-visit it again with this next release. iloveyou.gif
    edited July 11, 2012
    I have PM'd you my email ID. will be happy to test it for ya. Please let me know the download link.
  • paterczmpaterczm Registered Users Posts: 7 Big grins
    edited July 24, 2012
    Bulk photo replace with metadata sync?
    Hello udy

Would you consider adding metadata (descriptions, keywords) sync feature to SmugLoader? Details, including use case, are in this post: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=223856.

Thanks
    Marek
    edited July 31, 2012
    Not working, I am unable to login to my gallery, and see existing albums.
  • tomnovytomnovy Registered Users Posts: 1,101 SmugMug Employee
    edited January 4, 2013
    UDY are you planing to update the tool? I think your API has expired, because I am getting an error message.
    SmugMug Support Hero | Customizer | My SmugMug site - http://www.photom.me | Customization Portal - https://portal.photom.me