Options

Profit Sharing Help

rogerchesterrogerchester Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
edited January 18, 2011 in Mind Your Own Business
I have to bid a girls softball league for may. They asked about if i did profit sharing. I have never done any profit sharing before. I looked on line for any help couldn't find any help. I dont know what i was thinking i should have started here first. The league has 200 girls in the league. Any help would be great help for me. All sale would go through smugmug packages. thanks you guys are great

551198772_N4bD4-M.jpg
canon 40D EF70- 200mm 1:2.8 l is usm EF28-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS USM

Comments

• Options
    orljustinorljustin Registered Users Posts: 193 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2011
    They want a cut of your profits for the "privilege" of shooting their teams.
  • Options
    rogerchesterrogerchester Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited January 17, 2011
    profit
    yes. I have herd of this before from other photographers wasn't sure if anyone had any input on this. All this dose is resize the prices of the packages. I also herd of photographers buying metals or small trophy's.
    canon 40D EF70- 200mm 1:2.8 l is usm EF28-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS USM
  • Options
    GlortGlort Registered Users Posts: 1,015 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2011
    And here I was wondering what " Metals " were? ne_nau.gif

So the league want a share of the profit, how much are they willing to share the work and/ or what are they going to do to earn their share of the profit?

I do profit sharing with the clubs I shoot, they get 10% and I get the rest. If the people you are talking to qant 50%, I'd literally laugh in their face unless they could tell me exactly what they were going to do over and above the normal thing of handing out envelopes they were going to do to bring added value to the table for me.

I would also strongly reccomend against selling on some mug. Your sales will be a fraction of that they will be if you do packages. combine that with giving the farm away in the first place and you'll be fine with this arrangement if you enjoy working for $2 an hour.
    Or less.

I print my own envelopes and do 4 packages and 3-4 add ons. The base package is dirt cheap but dirt basic like 16x4 head shot. All the clubs here have a pre-occupation with the starting price so I give them a ripper.... And then promote the hell out of the ones I really want to sell from $20 up to $100. I average over the entire group something betwen $27-$33 per kid. Clubs here are only around 150 kids but at that rate, it's good money.

This year I'm going to introduce instant printing for the packages so we will deliver on the day. I think that should get us some recognition and consideration as delivery time is also a big factor here.

If you want to do this competitive work, you have to stand out from teh crowd and do something different as well as taking charge of the deal. Present attractive options and organise the clubs, don't have them lead you round by the nose. If you loose a few here and there, so what? you were never going to win them all anyway and the ones you do you want to make as profitable and pain free as possible.

Good luck with it.
  • Options
    ColoradoSkierColoradoSkier Registered Users Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2011
    Absolutely do pre-paid order envelopes in advance. If you don't, your sales won't be worth your time in going out there. I don't do any kickbacks to the leagues I shoot for right now. Not sure if Lifetouch does or not. I would also recommend using a lab like Millers or Black River that offer the kitschy little things the kids like. Those will help drive your sales up as well.
    Chester Bullock
    Lakewood, Colorado, USA
    My Pictures | My blog
    Facebook | Twitter