Options

Bigma Las Vegas Pano

schmoeschmoe Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
edited August 25, 2005 in Holy Macro
I went out and shot this pano yesterday afternoon with my Biigma DG. I could of got by with a lot lighter lens (I was shooting all the way at the wide end) but I wanted to see how it performed for panos. Shot handheld, 20 shots, f/8, 1/640, stitched with Autostitch.

33152013-L-1.jpg
Youth is wasted on the young!

Comments

• Options
    NetgardenNetgarden Registered Users Posts: 829 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2005
    Wow, 20 shots stitched? Thats amazing! Tell us more. You get the patience award for sure! [I'm so bad! rolleyes1.gif and lazymwink.gif ]

Very nice, I take it Joe? thumb.gif
  • Options
    Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2005
    Very nice!

I cannot imagine how difficult stitching the moving water must have been! Is this stitched both vertically and horizontally?

Cool!

ann
  • Options
    edited August 25, 2005
    20 shots
    Netgarden wrote:
    Wow, 20 shots stitched? Thats amazing! Tell us more. You get the patience award for sure! [I'm so bad! rolleyes1.gif and lazymwink.gif ]

Very nice, I take it Joe? thumb.gif
    Thanks for the comments. I would like to say that I labored over a hot keyboard for days on end without sleep to create this. But in reality it was pretty effortless. I loaded all the shots into Autostitch and hit "O.K.". Autostitch will chew through it and spit out a completed pano in very little time as long as you keep the final resolution to relatively low number. I stitched this at about 10% of what the max. res. could be. Which is perfect for web posting. The amount of computing time gos up geometrically as you increase the resolution.

Actually I had to clone in a few areas because I realized after I stitched it, that I didn't pan far enough to one side of the rows of shots. Probably because I had to stop and swing the lens out of the way several times for people to get by on the sidewalk I was shooting from. 11doh.gif

Thanks for looking!

Joel
  • Options
    edited August 25, 2005
    Stitching
    Ann McRae wrote:
    Very nice!

I cannot imagine how difficult stitching the moving water must have been! Is this stitched both vertically and horizontally?

Cool!

ann
    It's approx. 7 shots x 3 rows. It was super simple with Autostitch no effort required. I even shot this without a tripod and guessed at enough overlap.

Thanks!

Joel
  • Options
    NetgardenNetgarden Registered Users Posts: 829 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2005
    Thanks Joe, nice job, and I wish I had done some of this with my Yosemite trip.thumb.gif
    schmoe wrote:
    It's approx. 7 shots x 3 rows. It was super simple with Autostitch no effort required. I even shot this without a tripod and guessed at enough overlap.

Thanks!

Joel