Comments

• gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2004
    Hi Damon,
    I think I prefer this one.......
  • damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2004
    Hi Gubbs

Yeah, there's something about the contrast of the hats with the bushes...also the purple plants are nice...
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2004
    Damonff...i only wish i had a better photographic eye when i was ther in '84. I have some other shots that i will scan & post for you if you like.

I still remember the huge number of people walking along the main street of Shanghai...literally thousands apon thousands. They were blown away with my height & blonde hair. It was one of my 1st deployments & i remember the food they were giving us on the trains at 4am on our way to places...a ducks egg, dry slice of thick bread & weak coffee with 5 sugars in it !! & thats not an exageration.

I bought a bottle of spirits (a 750ml bottle) & we opened it on a bus as we just wanted to get drunk...the driver was instructed to stop by the red army dood that was assigned to us & we were asked to pour it out as the smell was really crude (god it was hard to drink) I poured it into a drain on the side of the road & suddenly heaps of rats came flying out of the other end of the drain rolleyes1.gif Man it stunk !

I think with a good eye as you have & modern equipment you are very fortunate to have something to shoot almost every where.

What about some colour shots of the food markets ?
    edited June 10, 2004
    Hey Humungus...thanks for the compliment. I'd love to see your scans - set it up! That rat story is super nasty. I think I've had that liquor you're talking about. Is it clear? If so, if I smell it again, I'll puke. I'll post some market shots this weekend. I'm going out tomorrow and Saturday and I hope I get some good ones. I shot tonight but only got a few...

~Damon
    edited June 10, 2004
    damonff wrote:
    Hey Humungus...thanks for the compliment. I'd love to see your scans - set it up! That rat story is super nasty. I think I've had that liquor you're talking about. Is it clear? If so, if I smell it again, I'll puke. I'll post some market shots this weekend. I'm going out tomorrow and Saturday and I hope I get some good ones. I shot tonight but only got a few...

~Damon
    Yep a clear liquid in a white bottle that is shaped a bit like a bowling pin ..ie wide at the middle. I had a bottle of it my brother gave to me to take home to my father on next leave so i didnt have a car etc when i got back to 0z so i hopped on a bus & headed interstate to see the folks. Man busses suck on a good day but it was night time, raining & i was half asleep & felt something wet dripping on me...thought....stupid bloody bus is leaking. Nup...that bottle was in the over head locker & had leaked everywhere !

The only think i can liken the smell to is sillage (gotta be a farm boy to know that smell i think)
    edited June 10, 2004
    Humungus wrote:
    Yep a clear liquid in a white bottle that is shaped a bit like a bowling pin ..ie wide at the middle. I had a bottle of it my brother gave to me to take home to my father on next leave so i didnt have a car etc when i got back to 0z so i hopped on a bus & headed interstate to see the folks. Man busses suck on a good day but it was night time, raining & i was half asleep & felt something wet dripping on me...thought....stupid bloody bus is leaking. Nup...that bottle was in the over head locker & had leaked everywhere !

The only think i can liken the smell to is sillage (gotta be a farm boy to know that smell i think)
    rotting grass / stale milk??? :puke1
    edited June 10, 2004
    That's the stuff. So, so incredibly foul...
    edited June 10, 2004
    gubbs wrote:
    rotting grass / stale milk??? :puke1
    Wet rotting sorghum (aka Milo) is one that comes to mind.

Hey...its was $1 0z a bottle. 1drink.gif :puke1
    edited June 10, 2004
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,694 moderator
    edited June 10, 2004
    damonff wrote:
    Hey Pathfinder...

4725051-L.jpg
    I like this in color - the light area at the top is distracting to me so I tried cropping it a bit - Waxy is rubbing off on me I think - What do you think?
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
    edited June 10, 2004
    Haha...Sid has that effect on people...
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2004
    umph.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au