Options

Bibble5Pro5.2RC

NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
edited January 19, 2011 in Finishing School
As you know I am an impatient hard headed rock hearted intolerant bastard of a grump...

But when I met Bibble5Pro5.2RC I melted like a sweet pink popsicle in a sauna...

I hope you too can have that experience, sisters and brothers... kumbiya...

... O L*** ... kumbiya

...peace!

... yeah-h-h

Love :lust

Neil
"Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,937 moderator
    edited January 17, 2011
    Whoa, and you're telling me to cut back a bit? rolleyes1.gif

OK, now seriously--what do you love about it, and compared to what?
  • Options
    edited January 17, 2011
    Richard wrote: »
    Whoa, and you're telling me to cut back a bit? rolleyes1.gif

OK, now seriously--what do you love about it, and compared to what?

R, brother, you can't deny it turned the way you look at windows right around!!!!!! Seriously, that's what I love about it... I'm a new man...

Yeah-h-h... it's the real thing, man!

kumbiya, sisters and brothers... kumbiya...

love ya... love ya all... that's what Bibble5Pro5.2RC can do... far out...

yeah-h-h

iloveyou.giflustiloveyou.giflustiloveyou.giflustiloveyou.giflustiloveyou.giflustiloveyou.giflust

Peace!

Neil

• Options
    edited January 19, 2011
    Why do I like Bibble5Pro5.2RC? Here is the answer.

I have all the major non-proprietary raw converter apps for Windows on my machine, and I have spent hours with each, and got excellent results from all of them sometimes. With greater or lesser amounts of labour thrown in. For me Bibble5Pro5.2RC comes out with strong advantages as my current converter of choice.

I use any such converter software mainly to convert CR2 files to 16bit tiff in ProPhoto colour space. I occasionally correct WB, excessively wrong exposure, CA-lens distortion, sometimes straighten and crop, selectively edit, and very rarely apply filters and plugins. 95% of my editing-developing is done in PS, including a range of 3rd party plugins.

So I am interested only in using a converter for getting out of my raw files the maximum untrammeled data and quality, and the best foundation for work in PS. I do any needed NR after conversion and before PS in the standalone NoiseNinja. In general I keep my raw images as "uncooked" as I can through the process of conversion. I open files in the converter with all of the adjustments initially set at zero.

In my experience the included filters-plugins in converter applications are best left alone, but they can be successfully used in the right circumstances. I have found the PS 3rd party plugins to be far superior. The NoiseNinja tools in Bibble5Pro5.2RC, both standard and registered, are not well integrated and should not be used (I found they can cause artifacts, but the NoiseNinja standalone is absolutely fine). Bibble's PerfectlyClear tool should only be used for the types of images for which it is designed, not indiscriminately.

I have a very short temper when it comes to user interfaces. If I can't see the overall paradigm intuitively and after a brief orientation put my cursor and fingers quickly and unfalteringly on the right buttons to navigate, employ preferences, deploy tools and execute commands I "spit the dummy", to use an Aussie colloquialism!

So with the kind of user I am in mind, consider if these features of Bibble5Pro5.2RC might also be attractive to you:

* organisation of the workspace is quickly achieved and changed with simple keyboard shortcuts, eg max image view f6, revert to pallets f7.

* navigation, and viewing options such as panning and zoom, are simple and to hand.

* can open the widest choice of raw format files instantaneously from your file system for you to get started on adjustments right away, and save them straightforwardly back into your file system with an automatically applied discrete name if you convert the same file more than once, without you being forced to stall and fuss over a dozen obscure decisions about which locations to import from or export to, what to call them and the new baby, whether to add milk and sugar and all that kind of obsessive neurosisity. Bibble does have asset management if you need it, and you can bring that to bear on your workflow if you like.

* one click and you can create a copy of your master raw file to prepare for conversion without touching the master (right click on the master thumbnail and select create version from current). And you can create as many independent versions of the master as you like just as easily, edit them all independently. They are all there in the thumbnails for you to access and compare. They can be further edited, converted-saved or removed, as you like, without the master ever being touched. All versions (and the master too if you have edited it directly) can be reverted to their initial state, or to any step in your editing, by clicking on the readily available history menu.

* many edits can easily be toggled on/off to preview effect.

* layers can be created for selective editing, with easy to learn and use selection-masking tools.

* there are straightening and cropping tools which are a delight to use.

* top pedigree and quality lens corrections for an extensive library of camera bodies and lenses automatically detected.

* will not do anything you don't tell it to, so the look of the image is completely in your hands (I have come away from Lr3.3 with the feeling that it presents you even before you start with a file that has already been pre-processed, already looking "good" in a jpeggy way, and you can't undo that pre-cooking if you don't like it).

Bibble5Pro5.2RC is work because to get the best results needs hands-on involvement, and you should do NR separately. But after a brief settling-in the work goes without fuss and frustration. I have found that the reward for careful but easy work is file conversions ready to take on whatever you throw at them in further post-processing.

It's $100 cheaper than Lr3.3, $200 cheaper then CaptureOnePro6. Has a very conservative 80MB footprint. Support through the forums is quick and direct from developers.

Neil