Dinner (before and after)

damonffdamonff filmRegistered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
edited June 26, 2004 in Holy Macro
Last night...

Eating meat-on-a-stick, a local favorite...

5011465-L.jpg


Washing clothes in the street...

5011464-L.jpg


Trash Collector...

5011467-L.jpg


My city at night (after dinner)...

5011466-L.jpg

Comments

  • gubbsgubbs Super Moderator Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2004
    All great shots Damon but, I wouldn't have guessed the last one was yours.....

    How long have you been in Shanghai, are you looking forward to going back to Washington??
  • damonffdamonff film Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2004
    Hey Gubbs. Thanks. Yeah, the last one's not really my style; I took it for a challenge in another forum - "my city." I need to come up with something more original...I've been here for a year and I'm sad to leave but looking forward to being back in Washington.
  • gubbsgubbs Super Moderator Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2004
    I'll miss the Shanghai shots, you got any more travel plans??
  • damonffdamonff film Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2004
    Not as yet but I've a hankering for India...
  • surlysurly Surly Adventurererer Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
    edited June 22, 2004
    nice shots
    i likes these two
    very very nice!

    how do you think the night shot would look if you cropped the bld. on the left but left the light post?


    [QUOTE=damonff


    Trash Collector...

    5011467-L.jpg


    My city at night (after dinner)...

    5011466-L.jpg[/QUOTE]
  • damonffdamonff film Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2004
    Thanks Surly. Try it and let's see!
    surly wrote:
    i likes these two
    very very nice!

    how do you think the night shot would look if you cropped the bld. on the left but left the light post?
  • ShakeyShakey Rule of Thirds?Phhhhhthh! Registered Users Posts: 1,004 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2004
    Damonff your work never ceases to amaze me. When you become all famous and celebrated please remember us peasants of Dgrin.com :Dbowdown.gif


    Tim
  • damonffdamonff film Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2004
    Thanks Tim. You are too kind...
    Shakey wrote:
    Damonff your work never ceases to amaze me. When you become all famous and celebrated please remember us peasants of Dgrin.com :Dbowdown.gif


    Tim
  • cmr164cmr164 Focus! I need Focus! Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2004
    Shakey wrote:
    Damonff your work never ceases to amaze me. When you become all famous and celebrated please remember us peasants of Dgrin.com :Dbowdown.gif


    Tim
    Tim;
    If anything you are understating it. Damonff has the eye. Thats for sure.
    Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
    Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
    Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph
  • DavidTODavidTO Mod Emeritus Thousand Oaks, CARegistered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2004
    Damon,

    What I've learned (and continue to learn) from your work is to not worry so much about getting the shot "right". I mean, I want crisp, well composed shots. I guess I like to control my shots. You show how letting go can make for a more powerful shot. Not that your shots aren't well composed or thought out, but there's a free and easy, johnny on the spot creativity to your work that is impressive.

    I know that I need to improve my techinical skills, learn how to get the shot right when I want to (at least on a more consistent, reliable basis), but I also need to just let the shot flow sometimes.

    Thanks for the inspiration.

    David
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • damonffdamonff film Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2004
    Thanks Charles. That's nice of you to say...
    cmr164 wrote:
    Tim;
    If anything you are understating it. Damonff has the eye. Thats for sure.
  • damonffdamonff film Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2004
    What a great comment David. Thanks. I'm glad that my shots aren't pointless..
    DavidTO wrote:
    Damon,

    What I've learned (and continue to learn) from your work is to not worry so much about getting the shot "right". I mean, I want crisp, well composed shots. I guess I like to control my shots. You show how letting go can make for a more powerful shot. Not that your shots aren't well composed or thought out, but there's a free and easy, johnny on the spot creativity to your work that is impressive.

    I know that I need to improve my techinical skills, learn how to get the shot right when I want to (at least on a more consistent, reliable basis), but I also need to just let the shot flow sometimes.

    Thanks for the inspiration.

    David
Sign In or Register to comment.