Options

Eric and Erica

joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
edited January 22, 2011 in Weddings

Comments

• Options
    WeiselWeisel Registered Users Posts: 235 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2011
    Man, I love that location! What a dream.

#1 is a nice, basic shot, although a bit blurry.
    #2 I think is super cool, although slightly blurry in the eyes? Love that background and composition.
    #3 is nice, just basic
    #4 is really nice, except those couple people in the big tan colored chairs kill it for me. It looks like some people joined the wedding late, grabbed some ugly chairs, and slid them out and sat down where they want, thus ruining a great wide angle view of the ceremony. Likely this is nothing you could have helped, but it just ticks me off!
    #5 I really love. I like the warmth and tones, and the moodiness.
    #6 Is a nice composition, but a tad blurry again. Maybe too close of a crop? I would definitely fix the cut on her hand, unless she just wants it there. BUt that's one of the best ring putting on shots I've seen, as far as close-upness and composition. Was it staged, or was it live action?
    #7 is a good capture of a moment.
    Canon 5D MK IV | 24-70 2.8L USM | 50mm F1.4 USM | 70-200mm F2.8L | AB 800 light | 430EXII speedlight (x2) | Lowel iLight | Cybersync remotes | bag of trail mix |
    My Weddings WebsiteBlog
  • Options
    r3t1awr3ydr3t1awr3yd Registered Users Posts: 1,000 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2011
    The last two are the two I'd be proud to have in my portfolio (second to last is blurry though).

Hi! I'm Wally: website | blog | facebook | IG | scotchNsniff
    Nikon addict. D610, Tok 11-16, Sig 24-35, Nik 24-70/70-200vr
  • Options
    Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2011
    Really like #5...great shot and awesome ambient lighting with an amazing backdrop.
  • Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2011
    Like your work here...really like the colors...especially in 5.

Couple of suggestions. (Not going to cover what's already been said.)

On your number five...no numbers...please number next time...makes comments easier. I would take care of her pooch...very easy since it's white on black. No need to have her look at such a nice image and think how terrible she looks...bloated comes to mind. Just a little nip and tuck. A little push with the liquify filter and she loses a pound or two strategically...so to speak. Everyone is none the wiser and she's thinking that you are that much better of a photographer. Also...her dress is wrinkled...think about giving it a brush or two to smooth it out.

You might also want to whiten his teeth a shade or two in numbers one and two...just a thought.

Just some nits on an otherwise nice set.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • Options
    dawssvtdawssvt Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2011
    Nice shots, dad! Love the location!

Website
    My Smugmug

My Canon Gear:
    5DMII | 24-105mm f/4L | 45mm TS/E | 135mm f/2.0L | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS | 50mm f/1.4
    | 580EX II & 430EX