Options

Back button focusing

gsgarygsgary Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
edited August 26, 2005 in Technique
I have just been on FM site on sports corner and back button focusing was mentioned, could someone explain what it is and how it is done

Thanks for your help
Gary

Comments

• Options
    KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2005
    I believe it's a fn setting on the camera that allows you to auto focus using one of the back buttons on the camera rather than the shutter button. How to do so is in the manual.
  • Options
    RbergRberg Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited August 25, 2005
    That's Custom Function 04 on the 20D I love it but some people hate it. If you set the function to 1 on the 20D you use the AE lock button on the back to focus. That way you can focus on your subject and then change change your composition and shoot away with out worrying about your focus point changing each time you push the shutter button.
  • Options
    edited August 26, 2005
    So you hold the ae lock button with your thumb and blast away not having to mess about holding shutter button half way sounds good will give it a go if possible with 10D

Thanks Rberg & Khaos
    Rberg wrote:
    That's Custom Function 04 on the 20D I love it but some people hate it. If you set the function to 1 on the 20D you use the AE lock button on the back to focus. That way you can focus on your subject and then change change your composition and shoot away with out worrying about your focus point changing each time you push the shutter button.
  • Options
    edited August 26, 2005
    Sortedclap.gif