Options

Smugmug slower?

MazerRakhmMazerRakhm Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited August 26, 2005 in SmugMug Support
Is it my imagination (Or connection which I doubt.) or do your galleries load slower after the upgrade?
It seems like post change it takes a noticeably longer time for me to navigate while in the galleries from picture to picture or to the easy sharing link page.

I’m happy to say that it hasn’t seemed to affected the speed that externally linked pics load in but I am starting to get dismayed at the gallery lag time.

Comments

• Options
    Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2005
    MazerRakhm wrote:
    Is it my imagination (Or connection which I doubt.) or do your galleries load slower after the upgrade?
    It seems like post change it takes a noticeably longer time for me to navigate while in the galleries from picture to picture or to the easy sharing link page.

I’m happy to say that it hasn’t seemed to affected the speed that externally linked pics load in but I am starting to get dismayed at the gallery lag time.
    I think Baldy had a post on this one. He said that many more people see that there is a slideshow feature now and are using it which is slowing things down. They are in the process of getting new servers to fix that.

Honestly, I have no idea how long it'll take to fix I'm a design guy not an IT guy, but I'd bet they'll get it up as soon as they possibly can.
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • Options
    DennisDennis Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited August 26, 2005
    Slowdown
    MazerRakhm wrote:
    I am starting to get dismayed at the gallery lag time.
    I agree... Especially during the daytime hours ... it's not as bad in the evenings, but the daytime speed is often dismal lately....

Dennis
  • Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2005
    I've also noticed that it seems to take longer to process images once they are uploaded. Is this just another symptom of the came problem?
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,697 moderator
    edited August 26, 2005
    Sunday evenings are the worst, as they have been for some time I think. Growing pains are a good thing - right!!
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2005
    pathfinder wrote:
    Sunday evenings are the worst, as they have been for some time I think. Growing pains are a good thing - right!!

Yesterday am on the East Coast, it was taking minutes to process uploads.

Smugmug might be getting ready for some really heavy duty metal. Let's see, the big boys (Pixar, Google, &etc) find warehouses where rent is really cheap and worry about the cheapest kind of shelving since they need so much of it and make GigE Beauwulf clusters with tons of NOT the most expensive things they can get (used old PCs in some cases).

Anyway, I think growing pains would be expecially fun if you were on the solving it side. Have fun, guys.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2005
    rutt wrote:
    Anyway, I think growing pains would be expecially fun if you were on the solving it side. Have fun, guys.
    HA! Great point. You think it's annoying for us to have a slowdown, just imagine what it's like for the SmugTeam...
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/