Options

Refurbished 5D MkII vs. New... any thoughts?

henrytdhenrytd Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
edited January 25, 2011 in Cameras
I've decided to step up from 5D to 5D mkII. I save $500 by getting a refurbished one from Canon. I'd do the Loyalty Program and save even more, but the 5D mkII isn't part of that right now.

I know it will have a six month guarantee, but what can I expect: a heavily used 10,000 shutter actuations, or something like a very lightly used demo, with all the trimmings that come with the new camera?

Does anyone have experience getting a high end refurbished camera from Canon?

Skip

Comments

• Options
    JimKarczewskiJimKarczewski Registered Users Posts: 969 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2011
    My thoughts are there is nothing wrong with a refurb. It just means it's had to go through QC with a fine tooth comb twice. I'm still considering which camera to add, if it's a 7D I have no problem using the loyalty program.
  • Options
    KipCoxKipCox Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited January 7, 2011
    Shutter life on a 5DMKII is about 150,000 actuations so I wouldn't call 10,000 shots "heavily used" unless of course there's damage to the body itself.

I wouldn't have a problem with a refurb from Canon if they had the camera I wanted.
  • Options
    rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2011
    I purchased a refurbished 5D a while back (shortly after the 5DII was released) from Adorama (so not from Canon directly).

It appeared to be brand new upon receipt and saved hundreds over a new one. I have had no problems with it.
  • Options
    JimKarczewskiJimKarczewski Registered Users Posts: 969 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2011
    KipCox wrote: »
    Shutter life on a 5DMKII is about 150,000 actuations so I wouldn't call 10,000 shots "heavily used" unless of course there's damage to the body itself.

I wouldn't have a problem with a refurb from Canon if they had the camera I wanted.

Luck of the draw there. I know people who had to replace them at 90k and others at 300k. Average is 150k. I shouldn't say much, my 5D (original) is well over 250k and 5DII is about 100k.
  • Options
    HelenOsterHelenOster Registered Users Posts: 173 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2011
    henrytd wrote: »
    I've decided to step up from 5D to 5D mkII. I save $500 by getting a refurbished one from Canon. I'd do the Loyalty Program and save even more, but the 5D mkII isn't part of that right now.

I know it will have a six month guarantee, but what can I expect: a heavily used 10,000 shutter actuations, or something like a very lightly used demo, with all the trimmings that come with the new camera?

Does anyone have experience getting a high end refurbished camera from Canon?

Skip

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> All refurbished units sold by Adorama Camera are factory refurbished by the manufacturer, for example, Canon cameras are refurbished at their manufacturing plant in Newport News, VA.; the room that houses Canon’s entire refurb process is said to be completely dust-free, and with every employee working in there being required to wear special booties!

They can have simply been pulled from the production line if something appears faulty, or if it hasn't passed the final inspection. Most of the time it is a very minor issue that needs correcting, nevertheless, once it is pulled from the normal flow of production, it gets flagged as a refurbished model, so you may get a unit straight from the factory that has never been used.

A refurb may also be an ex-store demo, possibly used in field tests or sales displays, or it may have been ordered in error and returned to the retailer (who can't then sell it as 'new' so it has to be sent back to the manufacturer for refurbishment).

All refurbished items will have been checked over by the manufacturer by hand, inspected very thoroughly, diagnosed, and calibrated by experienced technicians, and could therefore turn out to be more dependable than a new item - which will only have been checked by a process of systematic quality control protocol (ie by random sampling as it comes off the conveyor belt).

All Canon refurbished products from Adorama come with a 1 year return-to-Adorama warranty; the warranty we give covers anything the manufacturers warranty covers for a new unit, including shutter defects. They come into us with the firmware updates and latest fixes which were carried out at whatever stage it was at when we took delivery.

If you need additional firmware updates you can download them, but for any hardware fixes the unit would have to be sent to Canon.
    [By the way, if you send a camera (any camera) to Canon for any hardware work, they will always update the firmware].

As to the individual history of a single item, the honest answer is we have no way of knowing. Refurbished equipment is not like new inventory; the manufacturers contact us when they have a batch to sell, and the availability is unpredictable. However, if you were to ask my personal opinion on whether the equipment that Adorama offers as refurbished is typically less than a year old, based on the regularity with which we receive batches, I'd be inclined to think it is all relatively new.

I hope this helps, but if you need anything else, please let me know.

Helen Oster
    Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
    http://twitter.com/HelenOster
    Helen@adorama.com
    www.adorama.com
  • Options
    NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2011
    HelenOster wrote: »
    <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> All refurbished units sold by Adorama Camera are factory refurbished by the manufacturer, for example, Canon cameras are refurbished at their manufacturing plant in Newport News, VA.; the room that houses Canon’s entire refurb process is said to be completely dust-free, and with every employee working in there being required to wear special booties!

They can have simply been pulled from the production line if something appears faulty, or if it hasn't passed the final inspection. Most of the time it is a very minor issue that needs correcting, nevertheless, once it is pulled from the normal flow of production, it gets flagged as a refurbished model, so you may get a unit straight from the factory that has never been used.

A refurb may also be an ex-store demo, possibly used in field tests or sales displays, or it may have been ordered in error and returned to the retailer (who can't then sell it as 'new' so it has to be sent back to the manufacturer for refurbishment).

All refurbished items will have been checked over by the manufacturer by hand, inspected very thoroughly, diagnosed, and calibrated by experienced technicians, and could therefore turn out to be more dependable than a new item - which will only have been checked by a process of systematic quality control protocol (ie by random sampling as it comes off the conveyor belt).

All Canon refurbished products from Adorama come with a 1 year return-to-Adorama warranty; the warranty we give covers anything the manufacturers warranty covers for a new unit, including shutter defects. They come into us with the firmware updates and latest fixes which were carried out at whatever stage it was at when we took delivery.

If you need additional firmware updates you can download them, but for any hardware fixes the unit would have to be sent to Canon.
    [By the way, if you send a camera (any camera) to Canon for any hardware work, they will always update the firmware].

As to the individual history of a single item, the honest answer is we have no way of knowing. Refurbished equipment is not like new inventory; the manufacturers contact us when they have a batch to sell, and the availability is unpredictable. However, if you were to ask my personal opinion on whether the equipment that Adorama offers as refurbished is typically less than a year old, based on the regularity with which we receive batches, I'd be inclined to think it is all relatively new.

I hope this helps, but if you need anything else, please let me know.

Excellent comment, Helen!

I think with Canon refurbished, you are getting a hand-made camera - every part is checked, defective parts are replaced with new, and the whole is put through testing which is rare. I trust Canon for that.

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • Options
    edited January 7, 2011
    Thank you to Jim, Kip, Rainbow, Helen & Neil
    NeilL wrote: »
    Excellent comment, Helen!

I think with Canon refurbished, you are getting a hand-made camera - every part is checked, defective parts are replaced with new, and the whole is put through testing which is rare. I trust Canon for that.

Neil

I agree, Neil. Good summary.

Thank you everyone, and especially Helen, whose description of the process Canon goes through was thorough and very encouraging. I'm going through with the purchase of the refurbished 5D mark II.

Now I just have to decide what to do with my original 5D, purchased November 2006 and has less than 18,000 shutter actuations. Firmware 1.1.0 needs to be updated, and the sensor needs cleaning, but it’s in great shape. I know, this is the wrong place, and I will be putting this in the flea market. I’ll post some other equipment questions momentarily.

Skip
  • Options
    edited January 9, 2011
    I agree, Neil. Good summary.

Thank you everyone, and especially Helen, whose description of the process Canon goes through was thorough and very encouraging. I'm going through with the purchase of the refurbished 5D mark II.

Pleased to be able to help! <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->[FONT=&quot][/FONT]<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->[FONT=&quot]☺[/FONT]
    Helen Oster
    Helen@adorama.com
    www.adorama.com
  • Options
    JSPhotographyJSPhotography Registered Users Posts: 552 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2011
    A little late but - I picked up a refurb 7D on the Loyalty program a couple weeks ago. It appears brand new, no issues and saved a bundle. Without the refurb and loyalty I would have not been able to afford it - Thank you Canon!
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2011
    I have had very good luck with Nikon refurbished cameras, every one I have bought (3) has been lightly used.
    Imagine you can expect the same from Canon.

Now if I could just find a Nikon D3S refurb......
  • Options
    LeVeLLeVeL Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited January 15, 2011
    Just got a refurb 50D from Adorama and, as others have experienced, it looks, feels, and performs like a brand new camera would. No issues at all. Saved quite a bit by getting it over a new one.
    :*sip* GetLeVeLed.org

Canon 50D, 350D, 18-55mm IS, 50mm f/1.8, 55-250mm IS
  • Options
    edited January 16, 2011
    LeVeL wrote: »
    Just got a refurb 50D from Adorama and, as others have experienced, it looks, feels, and performs like a brand new camera would. No issues at all. Saved quite a bit by getting it over a new one.

Delighted to hear it - but don't forget that I'm only an email away if you ever need advice or after-sales support with any order from Adorama!
    Helen Oster
    Helen@adorama.com
    www.adorama.com
  • Options
    edited January 19, 2011
    EOS 5D Mark II "refurbished" from Canon has arrived
    It's great. As far as I can tell, it's identical to a brand new one. Packaged completely as if new, only exception being no original box. $1999 plus shipping. Numbering starts from zero, but i suppose the "odometer" could have been reset.

How does one tell how many shutter actuations there have been on, for example, a 5D (other than the number suggested by the filenaming process)?
  • Options
    edited January 20, 2011
    It's great. As far as I can tell, it's identical to a brand new one. Packaged completely as if new, only exception being no original box. $1999 plus shipping. Numbering starts from zero, but i suppose the "odometer" could have been reset.

How does one tell how many shutter actuations there have been on, for example, a 5D (other than the number suggested by the filenaming process)?

The only way to really know is to take it to a Canon service department. [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]If you take it into either Irvine or Jamesburg for cleaning, they will check[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif] for you. Also, look out for "Canon Days" clinics[/FONT]
    Helen Oster
    Helen@adorama.com
    www.adorama.com
  • Options
    meta444meta444 Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited January 22, 2011
    recently bought a refurb 7D direct from Canon (included Loyalty discount.) spent some time researching the refurb marketplace prior. by many reports -- including 3 Canon service techs i spoke with at length -- the great majority (by several reports, +/- 90%) of the refurbs sold direct by Canon -- are actually retail overstocks that have gone back to Canon without any customer usage. as mentioned earlier, ALL refurbs undergo tech scrutiny and a tune up regardless of reason returned to Canon. so, in effect, that second exam and certification puts a buyer one step better than buying a camera new, straight off the production line.

my 7d looks new, and functions flawlessly. yeah, I only got 2 weeks return priviledge no questions asked. and only 60 days of warrantee coverage. s'pose that's the risk you take to get what amounts to a $500+ discount off the best retail pricing.

there is, btw, free downloadable software available that reads the activations off most Canon models. not sure if the activations odometer gets reset by the refurb techs, but my refurb read as brand spankin' new. sorry...i lost the link where you can download the software, but sure that Google will find it for you.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Major grins Rockledge, FL on the Space CoastPosts: 0 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2011
    The program that reads most EOS camers activations (forgot the name)does NOT read the 7D but will read the 5D2 for those interested in that camera.

Also, Adorama refurbs, done by Canon, usually come with a one year Adorama warrantee.
  • Options
    edited January 23, 2011
    Jim K wrote: »
    The program that reads most EOS camers activations (forgot the name)does NOT read the 7D but will read the 5D2 for those interested in that camera.

Also, Adorama refurbs, done by Canon, usually come with a one year Adorama warrantee.

Adorama ALWAYS gives a 12-month warranty on Canon refurbs!

BTW in our experience the software for consumers at home to read actuations is only available for:

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> <table class="MsoNormalTable" style="width: 494pt; margin-left: 4.65pt; border-collapse: collapse;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="659"> <tbody><tr style="height: 20.25pt;"> <td style="width: 494pt; padding: 0cm 5.4pt; height: 20.25pt;" nowrap="nowrap" valign="bottom" width="659"> CANON EOS-1D
    </td> </tr> <tr style="height: 20.25pt;"> <td style="width: 494pt; padding: 0cm 5.4pt; height: 20.25pt;" nowrap="nowrap" valign="bottom" width="659"> CANON EOS-1D MARK-II
    </td> </tr> <tr style="height: 20.25pt;"> <td style="width: 494pt; padding: 0cm 5.4pt; height: 20.25pt;" nowrap="nowrap" valign="bottom" width="659"> CANON EOS-1D MARK-II N

</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 20.25pt;"> <td style="width: 494pt; padding: 0cm 5.4pt; height: 20.25pt;" nowrap="nowrap" valign="bottom" width="659"> CANON EOS-1DS

</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 20.25pt;"> <td style="width: 494pt; padding: 0cm 5.4pt; height: 20.25pt;" nowrap="nowrap" valign="bottom" width="659"> CANON EOS-1DS MARK II

</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> <table class="MsoNormalTable" style="width: 494pt; margin-left: 4.65pt; border-collapse: collapse;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="659"> <tbody><tr style="height: 20.25pt;"> <td style="width: 494pt; padding: 0cm 5.4pt; height: 20.25pt;" nowrap="nowrap" valign="bottom" width="659">
    </td> </tr> <tr style="height: 20.25pt;"> <td style="width: 494pt; padding: 0cm 5.4pt; height: 20.25pt;" nowrap="nowrap" valign="bottom" width="659">
    </td> </tr> <tr style="height: 20.25pt;"> <td style="width: 494pt; padding: 0cm 5.4pt; height: 20.25pt;" nowrap="nowrap" valign="bottom" width="659">
    </td> </tr> </tbody></table>
    Helen Oster
    Helen@adorama.com
    www.adorama.com
  • Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2011
    I haven't bought any (major) items new since, um, hmm. 2006?

Especially from a reputable dealer, you've got very little to lose and a lot to gain...

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • Options
    ThatCanonGuyThatCanonGuy Registered Users Posts: 1,778 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2011
    I bought my 1DII used and my 70-200 refurb... both from Adorama. Saves you a lot, actually.
  • Options
    christinamaechristinamae Registered Users Posts: 484 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2011
    Helen, Is the process the same for the refurbished Nikon camera bodies? I'm looking to purchase one that is on Adorama right now. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited January 25, 2011
    Also @ Helen, I had a look at Adorama but didn't see anywhere with refurbs?

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • Options
    edited January 25, 2011
    Helen, Is the process the same for the refurbished Nikon camera bodies? I'm looking to purchase one that is on Adorama right now. Thanks!

Yes, it's just as thorough. The only difference is that the warranty is 90 days, as opposed to 12 months with Canon.
    NeilL wrote: »
    Also @ Helen, I had a look at Adorama but didn't see anywhere with refurbs?

Neil

http://www.adorama.com/searchsite/default.aspx?searchinfo=refurbished

Looks like 254 units of various kinds.
    Helen Oster
    Helen@adorama.com
    www.adorama.com
  • Options
    edited January 25, 2011
    Thanks Helen!thumb.gif