Options

SOLD: Canon BG-E6 equivalent (aftermarket) vertical battery grip - New surplus

OverfocusedOverfocused Registered Users Posts: 1,068 Major grins
edited February 6, 2011 in House of Canon
Sold! Thanks!

For sale is a brand new BG-E6 equivalent LCD timer vertical battery grip for Canon 5D Mark II cameras. Made by a third party, it costs less than half a genuine Canon grip, and also provides extra shutter timer features. I had purchased two of these but I'm ending up only needing one, so I'm putting the extra up for sale. Being the owner of Canon L lenses and equipment, I can safely say the strength of this grip is good, and it holds a 5D Mark II with a 70-200 F4L attached to it without any issues.

• The battery compartment holds either two lithium batteries (original or third-party manufacturer) or 6AA with the included battery magazine.
  • Equipped with a vertical-grip shutter button, dial, AE lock/FE lock button, and AF point selector button
  • Features include continuous shooting with set interval function (1 second-100 hours), multiple frame function (up to 99 frames), electronic bulb exposure function can be set between 1/8000 of a second up to 100 hours.
  • IR receiver in the grip - lenses cant block IR remote signals

gripw.jpg

backsi.jpg

Comments

• Options
    JerManSkiJerManSki Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited January 20, 2011
    Hi overfocused

Who makes this grip? Do you know if it has the same feel and weight as the BG-E2 (for 30D)? Still for sale?

Thanks,
    JMS
  • Options
    edited January 21, 2011
    Yes, its still for sale!

As for the feel, I've never used any official Canon grips, but the internet says the Canon 30D grip weighs 10.2 oz., and this grip weighs 11.15 oz. without batteries in it. As far as I can see from photos of Canon grips, its got the exact same shape as the Canon grips do so it should handle the same.

As for brand, "JJC" is what's on the box (from China, but most 3rd party grips are) The other grip I have works very well from my uses with it.

If you want to buy it, send me a private message and I will probably respond quickest that way.
  • Options
    edited January 26, 2011
  • Options
    edited January 29, 2011
    Price now $75 (title seems to be stuck on $85)
  • Options
    JustinThymeJustinThyme Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2011
    A bit of advice, the listing is misleading. If its 3rd party its not a Canon BG-E6.
    I saw the title and was ready to jump on it until I read the rest.
    A more suitable title would be 5DII aftermarket grip IMO.
    With the title as is you are opening yourself up for a paypal dispute.
    Canon CPS Gold Member
  • Options
    edited January 31, 2011
    I'd win the dispute since there is a complete description below, and if a buyer got compulsive that's the buyers fault for not reading it...

I added the word "equivalent" to the title.
  • Options
    edited January 31, 2011
    You have to post a request to a mod to change the title. Its still showing unedited version on main page.
    Your change in the script as well is a little better.
    Just an FYI, disputes are settled in favor of buyer 99% of the time even when its a bogus dispute.
    Wasnt trying to be rude, just giving a heads up.
    Canon CPS Gold Member
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited February 1, 2011
    title edited. I removed the price as well so that you can keep it accurate yourself in the first post.

thanks,
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    edited February 1, 2011
    Yeah I understand Justin, I wasn't taking any offense to it. I'm just a crabcake.

I should take a payment as a gift so there isn't any potential bogus claim. lol.

Thanks Doc
  • Options
    edited February 1, 2011
    Im pretty much done with Paypal personally.
    Horrendous fees, biased dispute process and crooked TOS from front to back.
    Ive been pushing money orders or cashiers checks or good old greenbax for local meets. Im actually opening a chase banking account under the business so I can use chase quick pay, fees = $0 and its the same as any bank transfer or the paypal echeck while it was avialable, takes 3-5 days to clear. If you cant wait that long it was probably an impulse buy you didnt need to make anyhow.
    Canon CPS Gold Member
  • Options
    edited February 1, 2011
    mmm... I haven't had any problems with paypal as of yet, its been 4 or 5 years and with 250+ transactions I've never been taken advantage of or had a horror story yet with Paypal themselves. However, they do have a biased dispute process and TOS geared towards them making every penny possible, but in places like this, gift payments do place a seller in the advantageous position. Just don't do too many or PP will hound you for that and freeze your account, haha. They really do hound people for every bit of $ possible.

I got scammed once, but paypal had nothing to do with that, just a dumb decision I had made not to insure a package then 22 radio units 'all broke' during shipping, which was a lie. The guy that sold them to me just didn't want them back, and I think he broke them on purpose. What can I do to prove that though? nothing, lol. I didn't go with my gut on that one and I had a strong feeling I should have insured that package even though I didn't listen to it.

I'll have to look into that chase quick pay though. You have to have an account with them though, right? :( I'm not with Chase.
  • Options
    edited February 1, 2011
    Oh um... the grip has been sold and paid for too.

That may be an important thing to mention.

Laughing.gif.
  • Options
    JerManSkiJerManSki Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited February 6, 2011
    Overfocused... sorry I missed this chance! I cannot find an aftermarket grip with all the features that your JJC had. Where did you buy it originally?
    JerManSki