Options

Question on extensions

keving54keving54 Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
edited August 27, 2005 in SmugMug Support
Hi,

Uploaded a bunch of pics to my account the other night - when I right click on them (after getting the protection message) I see in the properties window they are all .jpg.
I just uploaded a couple last night and wanted to post the images in one of the forums for landscapes, and I noticed they both had .gif extensions. Anyone know why? Also, I tried to embed the images in my msg, and was not successful. Thanks so much...
Kevin

UPDATE - well I guess I've found out why the photos didn't upload, cause I have the galleries 'protected' in smugmug.
Any ideas on the .gif extension? And can you post (embed) these as well?

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2005
    keving54 wrote:
    Hi,

Uploaded a bunch of pics to my account the other night - when I right click on them (after getting the protection message) I see in the properties window they are all .jpg.
    I just uploaded a couple last night and wanted to post the images in one of the forums for landscapes, and I noticed they both had .gif extensions. Anyone know why? Also, I tried to embed the images in my msg, and was not successful. Thanks so much...
    Kevin

UPDATE - well I guess I've found out why the photos didn't upload, cause I have the galleries 'protected' in smugmug.
    Any ideas on the .gif extension? And can you post (embed) these as well?

when they are protected and you try to drag or otherwise copy them, you get "spacer.gif" deal.gif

i'm moving this to smugmug support forum where it belongs.
  • Options
    Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2005
    andy wrote:
    when they are protected and you try to drag or otherwise copy them, you get "spacer.gif" deal.gif

i'm moving this to smugmug support forum where it belongs.
    15524779-Ti.gif It's just a little HTML/CSS trickery that makes the image you click not the image that you see. If you notice the image is called "spacer.gif" and I'd bet you it is by far the most used image in the entire smugmug site.

I wonder what the stats on spacer.gif are just out of plain old curiosity. How many times per month is that image accessed?
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • Options
    {JT}{JT} Registered Users Posts: 1,016 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2005
    Since switching to the new gallery styles, spacer.gif is getting used less and less thanks to CSS. We will always still use it for certain things, like images we want you to be able to change :)
    Mike Lane wrote:
    15524779-Ti.gif It's just a little HTML/CSS trickery that makes the image you click not the image that you see. If you notice the image is called "spacer.gif" and I'd bet you it is by far the most used image in the entire smugmug site.

I wonder what the stats on spacer.gif are just out of plain old curiosity. How many times per month is that image accessed?