Options

Do you let your client see album layout prior to print?

JayClark79JayClark79 Registered Users Posts: 253 Major grins
edited January 30, 2011 in Weddings
Was just wondering if you let the album design be a suprise, or if you get the approval of the albums layout before sending it to print?

My Site http://www.jayclarkphotography.com

Canon Rebel T1i | Canon 50mm 1.8 | Tamron 28-75mm 2.8 | Canon 75-300mm EF f 4.5 III | Opteka Grip | Canon 580exII | 2 Vivitar 383 Flash's and a home studio setup.

Comments

• Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2011
    I get approval
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2011
    Most definitely approval.
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    tenoverthenosetenoverthenose Registered Users Posts: 815 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2011
    If they are paying for it (and they always are) then yes. I don't want to have to pay for a reprint just because they didn't like a photo.
  • Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2011
    I always get approval and tweak a couple times before I send anything to the printers. My clients are very involved while I design albums for them. Plus then they get really excited waiting for the final printed product after they know they've approved the layout they love.
  • Options
    BlueSkyPhotosBlueSkyPhotos Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
    edited January 29, 2011
    Approval is a must.
    Jacek
    edited January 29, 2011
    Our clients are always involved and approval is a must.
    KLinh
    Klinh Evelyn Grace Photography
    Fashion & Commercial
    (2)Mamiya RZ67 IID, Mamiya 645 AFD II, Leaf Aptus 65, Profoto D1's, Capture One.
    http://www.klinhevelyngracephotography.com
  • Options
    FotobyMoMoFotobyMoMo Registered Users Posts: 98 Big grins
    edited January 30, 2011
    Approval is a MUST!
    www.fotobymomo.com | www.facebook.com/fotobymomo

Gear List: Canon 5D Mm2 | T1i (backup) | 16-35 2.8L | 27-200 2.8L Mk2 | 24-105 4L | Sigma 85mm 1.4 | Canon 580ex flash
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2011
    Most definitely! thumb.gif
  • Options
    smurfysmurfy Registered Users Posts: 343 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2011
    Approval necessary, but they have two choices; one must be selected when signing an album-inclusive package contract. These changes were made after a nightmare bridezilla who wanted unlimited album changes, along with the moon and stars. Plus a few other brides who just procrastinated forever on choosing images, causing long delays in designing and delivery.

Option one: They want to choose every image for the album. I let them know that most couples find this to be tedious and overwhelming, and that this will usually result in a less-artistically beautiful album; but to feel free to choose this option if if they want to. With this choice, they get two revisals of the layout at no extra charge. But, if they do not communicate their choices within three months of seeing their pictures, and after three inquiries from me, option two takes effect.

Option two: I design with no input whatsover from them. With this option, they can let me know what specific changes of photographs that they want when they see the preview. They also get three revisals of the layout itself at no extra charge.

With either option, they have a deadline that they must respond by. If the deadline is not met, the album gets printed as previewed and no revisions are possible. (I've never actually done that, though.)

Most choose option two. They usually love the initial design, and write gushingly glowing e-mails or text messages that make me very happy. About half change one or two photos, and the other half leave it as is with no changes at all. This option works better for me, obviously, because I can start the album design earlier, have freer artistic control, and complete delivery about three months after the wedding date.