Strollin' Along

WolfWolf Registered Users Posts: 154 Major grins
edited June 11, 2004 in Wildlife
On my last visit to Paynes Prairie, near Gainesville, I had wonderful time and was able to make several images of our crocodilian friends.

This guy was 10-12 feet in length. Pretty good size and he was on the move to the other side of that trail. The trail is actually surrounded by water on three sides. This particular location, The La Chua Trail, is literally infested with alligators. If you visit, I wouldn't suggest taking small children as this is a completely wild location, not a theme park. There are No Barriers between you and the wildlife other than the good sense to keep a safe distance away.

Yikes, I know the quality of this shot is gonna go down the tubes with the resizing...

Comments

• pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,694 moderator
    edited June 11, 2004
    Wolf wrote:
    On my last visit to Paynes Prairie, near Gainesville, I had wonderful time and was able to make several images of our crocodilian friends.

This guy was 10-12 feet in length. Pretty good size and he was on the move to the other side of that trail. The trail is actually surrounded by water on three sides. This particular location, The La Chua Trail, is literally infested with alligators. If you visit, I wouldn't suggest taking small children as this is a completely wild location, not a theme park. There are No Barriers between you and the wildlife other than the good sense to keep a safe distance away.

Yikes, I know the quality of this shot is gonna go down the tubes with the resizing...
    Is this a public game park or is this a privare preserrve? Is is easy to obtain access here? It is always interesting when you are not at the very top of the food chain isn't it?
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • WolfWolf Registered Users Posts: 154 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2004
    pathfinder wrote:
    Is this a public game park or is this a privare preserrve? Is is easy to obtain access here? It is always interesting when you are not at the very top of the food chain isn't it?
    This is actually a National Preserve. Paynes Prarie Preserve. Lots of info on web. Sorry, I don't have a link handy.

Very cool place if you get a chance, you should visit.