Options

sports CD Help......

rogerchesterrogerchester Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
edited February 2, 2011 in Sports
I have a request to shoot some action shots for a softball team. They what a price for the CD with their kid and the copy rights of the photos. I would like to know about how many shots i should give them for what price. Their is about 200 kids in the league. I am shooting the team photos also. This would be a extra item for them. Thanks for you help :scratch
canon 40D EF70- 200mm 1:2.8 l is usm EF28-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS USM

Comments

• Options
    tjl1388tjl1388 Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
    edited February 2, 2011
    I have a request to shoot some action shots for a softball team. They what a price for the CD with their kid and the copy rights of the photos. I would like to know about how many shots i should give them for what price. Their is about 200 kids in the league. I am shooting the team photos also. This would be a extra item for them. Thanks for you help headscratch.gif

Once you go down this rode it is a hard one to turn from. I wouldn't recommend it.

When I did it for baseball I would figure my time spent shooting each team with the average keeper rate per team and calculate off of my hourly rate. The parents usually don't like the price. Usually around 20-25 shots for around $60-$75.
  • Options
    ZerodogZerodog Registered Users Posts: 1,480 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2011
    My theory on this is quantity. You you want them all to by CDs. It is better to sell 100cds for $20 than one for $200. Think about it. In the end what will "you" do with these photos after this shoot? Most likely nothing. So sell em while they are hot. And sell as many as you can.

Figure out a price you feel good about. Also think about what you would pay for yourself.