Options

Weekly Assignment #151: 24

NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
edited February 4, 2011 in Assignments
No, I'm not talking about a popular (helas, recently ended) Fox series. I'm talking about a frame count.
Remember those days we used to buy a pack of plastic canisters containing a series of single-use analogue silver-based sensors? There were 24 of them in such a canister, and once the latter was activated, you couldn't extract it mid-shoot without losing the unused sensors forever. :huh:scratch:dunno
Anyway...
The goal of this class is to have a one-hour shoot with a model (garden gnome can do, as we discussed earlier, although human subjects are preferred) producing 6 different final looks and spending no more than 24 frames. It doesn't mean you should spend 4 frames per look. If you were lucky to nail first 5 looks with first 5 frames, feel free to use 19 left to nail the last one.
Your entry should consist of a 6x4 Thumbsheet and 6 final looks.
Remember:
* looks must be very different;
* you have only one hour to finish shoot; initial makeup and lighting setup don't count; in-between makeup and setup changes do; postprocessing doesn't count;
* you have 24 frames only.

For an extra credit complete your 6 looks with C-theory analysis.

Make them count!
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• Options
    TexPhotogTexPhotog Registered Users Posts: 187 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2011
    Nikolai wrote: »
    No, I'm not talking about a popular (helas, recently ended) Fox series. I'm talking about a frame count.
    Remember those days we used to buy a pack of plastic canisters containing a series of single-use analogue silver-based sensors? There were 24 of them in such a canister, and once the latter was activated, you couldn't extract it mid-shoot without losing the unused sensors forever. eek7.gifscratchne_nau.gif
    Anyway...
    The goal of this class is to have a one-hour shoot with a model (garden gnome can do, as we discussed earlier, although human subjects are preferred) producing 6 different final looks and spending no more than 24 frames. It doesn't mean you should spend 4 frames per look. If you were lucky to nail first 5 looks with first 5 frames, feel free to use 19 left to nail the last one.
    Your entry should consist of a 6x4 Thumbsheet and 6 final looks.
    Remember:
    * looks must be very different;
    * you have only one hour to finish shoot; initial makeup and lighting setup don't count; in-between makeup and setup changes do; postprocessing doesn't count;
    * you have 24 frames only.

For an extra credit complete your 6 looks with C-theory analysis.

Make them count!

LMFAO @ "Remember those days we used to buy a pack of plastic canisters containing a series of single-use analogue silver-based sensors? There were 24 of them in such a canister, and once the latter was activated, you couldn't extract it mid-shoot without losing the unused sensors forever. eek7.gifscratchne_nau.gif
    Anyway..."

I haven't done any assignments in a while and I have this model that wants to do something soon... so this may be my shot at this... thumb.gif
    Miguel
    www.kabestudios.com
    I use a little bit of everything gear wise...
    Nikon/Canon/Sony/GoPro/Insta360º/Mavic 2 Pro