5039191-L.jpg

5039192-L.jpg

5039193-L.jpg

5039425-L.jpg

5039427-L.jpg

Comments

• WolfWolf Registered Users Posts: 154 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2004
    Wow, these are fabulous!! Beautiful work!
  • damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2004
    Thanks Wolf! I was out today trying to find sushi and took a few...the old man smoking is my favorite...
    Wolf wrote:
    Wow, these are fabulous!! Beautiful work!
    edited June 11, 2004
    I am just wondering, what kind of foot is it that the woman is holding? Very interesting shots. I really am enjoying your style of work.
    edited June 11, 2004
    Thanks Wolf. I'm not sure but I would guess tiger since China uses it in so much of her traditional medicine.
    Wolf wrote:
    I am just wondering, what kind of foot is it that the woman is holding? Very interesting shots. I really am enjoying your style of work.
    edited June 11, 2004
    That is what I was thinking, but, I wasn't quite sure. I do love the smoking man, and I feel that the capture of the laundry on the line is quite interesting as well. Very difficult to choose a favorite!
  • ShakeyShakey Registered Users Posts: 1,004 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2004
    The smoking man is my favorite however just slightly as they are all well captured.

Tim
  • snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2004
    Love your stuff
    Damon, I love the smoking man. You have such interesting people in your neighborhood. Of course the way you see them is what makes them interesting. Love your work.
    clap.gif
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • AltProAltPro Registered Users Posts: 478 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2004
    Wonderful work Damon.... Hugs to Lida!
    damonff wrote:
    5038920-L.jpg

5039427-L.jpg
    Damon:

I think these two are my favorites...
    The first for all the obvious reasons. Clarity, depth of field, expression, the color of his skin, the way the cigarette hangs from his mouth... Perfect for a campaign ad on "Not Smoking!"

But this second one, "the boys in blue." This one I love for the stark differences it brings to light of their dress and ours, for the boys of that age. Here, in the US, boys would never be seen out in the lightweight cotton garb of these boys. The overall casual-ness of the group, the briefs that show through the pants, another contrast to the boxers of our youth.
    The image makes me wonder at what the boys are playing with. The closeness of the bowed heads. The background, with the ornate writing style and all of the other, more obvious trappings.

As usual Damon, very nice work. I envy your uncanny ability to capture the reality of the scene rather than the mysterious possibilities we might prefer visit.

Kudos.
    ginette
    "In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
    edited June 11, 2004
    Thanks for the great comments Shakey and Snapapple. And Ginette, thanks for the insightful commentary...you help me understand why you like stuff which in turn helps me become better. I'll deliver the hug now...