Options

Wedding Album Suggestion

skylite22skylite22 Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited February 9, 2011 in Weddings
I hate to not offer wedding albums but my issue is that I am so busy with everything else (seniors, families, sports, babies, events, etc) that I don't have the time to design wedding albums. My print lab offers to design them for me for somewhere in the range of $100 per book but then that raises the price of the wedding album to $400 (my cost). Does anyone have a suggestion on where the best, most efficient way of getting an album design done? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    TenThirteenTenThirteen Registered Users Posts: 488 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2011
    Well, I am by no means a pro on the subject, but what about outsourcing to another aspiring photographer in your area, or even one on here, who's creativity you like and is in line with your style? There are a lot of great hungry photographers on here that might be willing/have the time, and be much cheaper vs having a 'pro' do it. Just a thought? ne_nau.gif
    Canon Fan
  • Options
    ssimmonsphotossimmonsphoto Registered Users Posts: 424 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2011
    skylite22 wrote: »
    I hate to not offer wedding albums but my issue is that I am so busy with everything else (seniors, families, sports, babies, events, etc) that I don't have the time to design wedding albums. My print lab offers to design them for me for somewhere in the range of $100 per book but then that raises the price of the wedding album to $400 (my cost). Does anyone have a suggestion on where the best, most efficient way of getting an album design done? Thanks!
    For me, it would be $100 well spent if it means making money on something that you didn't directly have to design. Album design is where I fail lately (to be honest), but I've been experimenting with different designing packages to find one that makes it go quicker/easier. I think I found one that, although a nice chunk up front, at least resulted in me having a complete design done version half done (as I have with every other attempt). If I could outsource it for $100, I very well might bite.
    Website (hosted by Zenfolio after 6.5 years with SmugMug) | Blog (hosted by Zenfolio) | Tave User
  • Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2011
    I usually charge my clients 200 dollars for my design time on albums. One time design time charge, and then they order albums individually from there. So 100 for someone else to do it seems pretty nice.
  • Options
    vivalaveritasvivalaveritas Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
    edited February 8, 2011
    I think $100 is a fair price for a professionally designed album. To cover the costs just raise the cost of your albums $100. But like TenThirteen said, you can always outsource to another local photographer.
  • Options
    dawssvtdawssvt Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2011
    $100 is a very good deal. Take that!

Website
    My Smugmug

My Canon Gear:
    5DMII | 24-105mm f/4L | 45mm TS/E | 135mm f/2.0L | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS | 50mm f/1.4
    | 580EX II & 430EX

• Options
    KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2011
    I think Sarah Rhoads offers InDesign album templates, so if you are willing to shell out the cash and have InDesign, you would just drop in your images and be done. I think they are sold through a third party, so you might have to do some research to actually figure out where to purchase them...
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!