Options

weak contrast when uploaded, yes I'm using sRGB

marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
edited August 29, 2005 in SmugMug Support
Even though I'm using sRGB, my photos are appearing MUCH less contrasty and saturated when uploaded into my smugmug site and viewed in IE or firefox than they look in Photoshop. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Richard

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2005
    Even though I'm using sRGB, my photos are appearing MUCH less contrasty and saturated when uploaded into my smugmug site and viewed in IE or firefox than they look in Photoshop. Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Richard

please link an example. make sure you have originals turned on, the -O original file will be as it left your computer, untouched.

then we can help
  • Options
    edited August 29, 2005
    Actually, this is outside of the realm of smugmug it seems. It appears that the colors are different in photoshop than they are everywhere else on my computer. Stupid laptop and it's inability to be color calibrated...ticking me off.
  • Options
    edited August 29, 2005
    Ok, I deleted the profile I created when I tried to color calibrate this monitor with my eye one display 2 and now photoshop shows the colors I see elsewhere. I wish I had a color calibrated monitor here so that I could see what these really look like. So...I know these have lots of other problems with them, but just from a contrast and saturation standpoint, how do these look? Good contrast, too little, too much? http://davidson.smugmug.com/gallery/767339/1/33915870
    password is smugmug...though it's going to go back to being properly protected tomorrow.
    Richard