Options

WTB: Pentax M42 50mm f1.4 Super Takumar

OverfocusedOverfocused Registered Users Posts: 1,068 Major grins
edited February 15, 2011 in The Other Guys
I'm in the market for a
Pentax m42 mount 50mm f1.4 Super Takumar lens.

If anyone has one lying around in decent condition for $50-75, let me know :)

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    GrainbeltGrainbelt Registered Users Posts: 478 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2011
    I have a lot of pentax stuff, but no screwmount.

Have you checked here? http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/ Very active marketplace.
  • Options
    glovedesignerglovedesigner Registered Users Posts: 157 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2011
    M42 50/1.4 Super Takumar SMC
    Have you tried KEH.com?
    I'm in the market for a
    Pentax m42 mount 50mm f1.4 Super Takumar lens.

If anyone has one lying around in decent condition for $50-75, let me know :)

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited February 10, 2011
    KEH is overpriced. There's some amazing ones on Ebay.com for around the price on KEH but in even better condition WITH accessories.

I will attempt to contact some people on the pentax forums, thanks. Gonna buy me a radioactive lens!
  • Options
    tuan2tuan2 Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited February 11, 2011
    I got one for my Nex. Just got another one last month so that one can go. Glass was perfect but frame is dusty. I'll try to clean up and see :)

KEH is overpriced. There's some amazing ones on Ebay.com for around the price on KEH but in even better condition WITH accessories.

I will attempt to contact some people on the pentax forums, thanks. Gonna buy me a radioactive lens!
  • Options
    edited February 12, 2011
    Okay, great! I currently have a good offer at Pentaxforums.com and I will be making a purchase by February 14. Clean it quick and post some pictures and I will pick the cleanest one optically :)

A disassembly guide or two, just in case:

http://www.mypentax.com/tak50_1_4.html

http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~Srawhiti/pentax50mmf1.4.html
  • Options
    edited February 12, 2011
    The other seller at pentaxforums.com is being a jerk now, haha. You got plenty of time now.

Although, you may be the same guy with a different city set in texas since the timing of your arrival and location is uncanny... :nono
  • Options
    edited February 13, 2011
    I tried to sign up at Pentax forum but it wont go thru ?? Dont know why so it may be your lucky day or may be not :) But my reputation on Ebay has nothing to do with beef Jerk-y :) same user name for 12+ years on Ebay with perfect feedback. I got user name tuan too but forgot since the Tuan2 there and everywhere now. Those were the good days on Ebay.

Anyhow just found out there a speck of dust inside the front len so I didnt go thru with the cleaning. Just a quick clean up of the outside and took pictures. Also the front rim is a little dent so if you're thinking of a filter/reverse macro thing this will not work. I tried my filter but it wont go in. The class is clearer than my (left one-your if everything work out- is on the right :) )

photostream

The other seller at pentaxforums.com is being a jerk now, haha. You got plenty of time now.

Although, you may be the same guy with a different city set in texas since the timing of your arrival and location is uncanny... :nono
  • Options
    edited February 14, 2011
    Well, whats the link for the pictures?
  • Options
    edited February 14, 2011
    Sorry, been going all day without internet. I dont know how the picture tag work but if you're using Chrome then right click on the image holder and open link in new tab/window works. If using explorer then right click and chose property the link will show up in there and its copy-tible.
    Its from flickr. I was able to copy its (copy image url) from Chrome:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/12079011@N06/5444236564/in/photostream/

Well, whats the link for the pictures?
  • Options
    edited February 15, 2011
    So I assume you're selling the one on the right? I'm interested as long as the spec of dust and lens threads are the only problems with it. Let's negotiate via email or PM. I sent you my email address via PM.