Options

#70 Feedback Thread.

indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
edited February 26, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
I started playing during the LPS challenges and we used to post our favorites and comment with feedback. I like having a submission gallery but don't like the format for providing feedback within the gallery. Here I am, then, starting a thread like in the olden days. Play along, it'll be fun.

I think some might argue having a feedback thread going while the polls are open could sway voters. If you're easily swayed by other's opinions then stop reading until after you vote, ya hear?!

To play along, post your favorites and comment with feedback. Don't pick your own, silly.

I'll do mine shortly, just working on the collage now.

Comments

• Options
    edited February 22, 2011
    1195345180_MvcVo-M.jpg

#5: billseye - My Two Loves
    You posted a cat photo first. I said this before, but I'll say it again: I'm not so much into the cat photos. But THIS photo was super slick. Hard to beat. Then you went and posted a motorcycle/leg shot. I'm not so much into those shots. And I like this shot. I like it a lot! The composition is spot on. Love how the leg is so seductive. Your processing matches subjects really well. Total pin up shot. Beauty!

#4: pemmett - Dim Sum
    Had my first dim sum this summer in San Francisco. Where has it been all m life? Tiny nuggets of bliss. In this shot, you captured my first experience with the stuff like a memory time machine. Love the bokeh, the colors and your choice to leave much of the foreground oof. I'm hungry now. Thanks a lot.

#3: SimpsonBrothers - A Good Laugh
    So the kid is adorable and the laugh is genuine. I just want to eat his cheeks. Is that so wrong? Love the capture. Among the many entries of children, you've showcased an honest, beautiful image. I would love to see it processed with touch more light on his right side, if possible.

#2: lizzard_nyc - "Put the needle on the record"
    This whole series was delightful. The back story complimented a very strong entry. I love it all: shallow dof, old-timey player, the grain. I can hear the tunes and they sound great!

#1: ghinson - Love My Four Kids
    I'm such a sucker for your work. You get me every time ;) Well played on this one. It's gimmicky but it works, I tell you! It doesn't carry the emotional punch of some of the others but it's clean and so well executed, it became my favorite early on.

Other notables:
    rainbow - Photography, rishan - sunset, DsrtVW - Loves humor found in Nature, "Rejection", jwear - Capturing the moment, davev - The Great Outdoors.

Bravo, gang. clap.gif
  • Options
    kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,278 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2011
    Can you post instructions for how to get those little images on here?
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
  • Options
    edited February 22, 2011
    go to the voting post and right click any image. It'll save to your computer. You can upload to a gallery (I used to keep a smug gallery just for this) or create a collage with the entries, etc. and upload to a gallery or attach to the post.
  • Options
    edited February 22, 2011
    Oh, boo! No one wants to play along? C'mon! It's fun!
  • Options
    ghinsonghinson Registered Users Posts: 933 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2011
    Thanks for the kind words Jesse. This was a fun challenge, and there are certainly a ton a good ones to choose from. So, somewhat randomly, here are a few that grabbed me:

1185196830_8yEym-200x200.jpg
    cromwell's Romantic -- I have a black lab puppy. It is hard to get a pic of him that is even in focus. To light this perfectly, and capture such a lovely expression, and get him to simply hold the rose in his mouth without choking it down with one chew...amazing.

1185548885_udqye-200x200.jpg
    Yours. The skin shots of dads holding tiny naked newborns are a little cliche, but the tones are nice and these are people, I assume, are important to you, which adds a new level of emotion.

1193320549_waZV3-200x200.jpg
    davev's Outdoors. Just awfully jealous of the moment.

1193733726_eLuNK-200x200.jpg
    dsrtVW's Humor. Again, nice timing.

1194244374_4CyDZ-200x200.jpg
    dlplumer's Big Bird. So majestic. Wonderfully sharp and well-lit.
    uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
    ackdoc.com
  • Options
    edited February 22, 2011
    A lot of good bird shots this round! Thanks for playing ;)
  • Options
    sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2011
    Thanks Indie for once again starting this up. I was wondering if you would.
    I have a feeling most everyone is not used to it, so it may take a few rounds to get it back into the swing of things

so here are my choices, in no particular order:

1196189698_QuMsK-L.jpg

My personal favorite is a tie between ghinson - Love My Four Kids and indiegirl - falling in love

Please note I have not looked at the results so far, these are only what I personally voted for.
  • Options
    edited February 23, 2011
    sherstone wrote: »
    I have a feeling most everyone is not used to it, so it may take a few rounds to get it back into the swing of things
    wings.gif

(and thanks for the vote, too!)
  • Options
    SeascapeSSeascapeS Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2011
    I usually refrain from this because I don't like to hurt anyone's feelings. I also question my choices because they are usually not the ones that end up being the most popular. I wonder what I am missing that everyone else seems to see (or maybe I am seeing what everyone else is missing). Anyway, I'll go for it! In no particular order:

1zyhs4.jpg

1. Ghinson - I liked your entry because it portrayed your children in a significantly unique way. We all love our children, but instead of a simple portrait, you got very creative with shadows and forms. It got the point across.

2. ic4u - I loved that eye. It looked 3D and I loved those thick lashes.

3. Senorjax - I really liked the lighting and colors in your entry. The glowing reds grabbed me, as did the soft, wispy curtains.

4. JAG - what can I say? Your SP was touching and perfect for the theme. Not to mention the great job with the lighting!

5. Luxbug - I didn't realize it, but I must have a lash fetish. I've never really noticed giraffe eyes before and didn't realize how beautiful they were. You opened my eyes to that.

6. Davev - I am not a bird fan (you seen one you've seen them all), but you got a good shot there. I loved the spread of the wings as he was taking off and actually appreciated the beauty of birds while looking at your entry.

7. lkbart - My daughter was a dancer also and I have years of shots of her (not taken by me), so dancer shots are pretty much "been there, done that" for me. BUT - I think your entry was a fantastic shot in many ways. The poses and the colors, especially the red tie on the boy, were dramatic and engaging. The back ground was great too!

8. Swelldays - I still cannot put my finger on why I like your entry so much. I think it is the crystal clear image of the father and child compared to the unfocused water and rocks. Those two off-set each other very well. Also, the water looks so cold, but the moment between father and child brought warmth to the shot. I think it is composed well and that little splash of color on the jacket pops in the photo.

9. billseye - You humorously nailed the theme (if you do, in fact, love Harleys and legs. I don't like either). The processing and comp are perfect!

10. Froch - I've stared at your entry over and over. I keep asking myself why. I think it's partly because I rarely see anyone with blue hair, so that's unique for me. But I also love her expression; she seems a bit unsure. That is a normal thing for a girl that age and it carries the shot. I also love the background and the processing. The white on her right cheek could have been burned a bit, but the lighting on the left side is perfect!
    SandiZ
    If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine
    http://sandizphotos-seascapes.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    edited February 23, 2011
    Thank you, Sean. I haven't won in a really long time and you just boosted my fallen confidence.
    SandiZ
    If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine
  • Options
    FrochFroch Registered Users Posts: 571 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2011
    SeascapeS wrote: »

10. Froch - I've stared at your entry over and over. I keep asking myself why. I think it's partly because I rarely see anyone with blue hair, so that's unique for me. But I also love her expression; she seems a bit unsure. That is a normal thing for a girl that age and it carries the shot. I also love the background and the processing. The white on her right cheek could have been burned a bit, but the lighting on the left side is perfect!

Thankyou Sandi! That was the reason I selected that particular shot. As Bill said, the jux of the fire extinguisher is way too close, and, because it's hidden by the processing, the overall focus...sucked... But her expression was what grabbed me. Thanks for the nice words.
  • Options
    edited February 23, 2011
    Froch wrote: »
    Thankyou Sandi! That was the reason I selected that particular shot. As Bill said, the jux of the fire extinguisher is way too close, and, because it's hidden by the processing, the overall focus...sucked... But her expression was what grabbed me. Thanks for the nice words.

See, that's why I love this kind of feedback thread. It's a conversation.
  • Options
    TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2011
    I usually refrain from this because I don't like to hurt anyone's feelings. I also question my choices because they are usually not the ones that end up being the most popular. I wonder what I am missing that everyone else seems to see (or maybe I am seeing what everyone else is missing). Anyway, I'll go for it! In no particular order:

I refrain for similar reasons, no matter what anyone says, I find this thread really influences people's thought process (almost like subliminal messaging), Yes, we are all adults, but everyone wants to be a winner, if you didn't want to win, then you wouldn't compete, and yes, it also is a great venue for learning too! I think this thread should be made after the voting poll has closed. Then people can post thier favorites, opinions and/or critiques.

No need to wonder if you are missing anything, it is just different strokes for different folks, there are times I have posted photos here, and those same photos never make it here, not even a comment, but then again, they have won on other sites...Go Figure. I guess it is the luck of the draw.

Just my humble opinion, and no offense to anyone.

Good Luck to Everyone, there are some fabulous entries, creative, quality, composition, and technicals are fantastic.

Peace,
    Donna P.
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • Options
    edited February 24, 2011
    indiegirl wrote: »
    See, that's why I love this kind of feedback thread. It's a conversation.

I'm with you IG. I love to hear the backstory, and tell the backstory (hence my very wordy descriptions
    on my site :o) ).
  • Options
    sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2011
    Thank you, Sean. I haven't won in a really long time and you just boosted my fallen confidence.

YW, I love your vision and execution. I have a feeling you are as addicted to playing as I used to be before moderating. :D
  • Options
    kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,278 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2011
    My Faves:
    1. How to get perfect lighting? How to have a perfect fire going? How to get the dog to hold a rose without tearing it to shreads? How to get him to look in the right direction and sit still? This photo amazes me.
    1185196830_8yEym-200x200.jpg

2. What a clever way to do a group portrait of your kids! Simple, clean, nice composition.
    1186401429_9xDvm-200x200.jpg

3. This could fetch a lot of money in the ad world, I would imagine. Really, really nice. I feel relaxed just looking at it.
    1186744102_rTbMT-200x200.jpg

4. When I listen to new recordings of songs I listened to on old records, I wait for the skip and am disappointed not to hear the familiar raspy, skippy version. This brings back all of that. Nice capture.
    1188320118_2oSP6-200x200.jpg

5. Perfect lighting, expression, idea.
    1191307936_kyHX7-200x200.jpg

6. Wow. I have tried to take this same photo hundreds of times and haven't done it.
    1192006335_d99fh-200x200.jpg

7. I love her eyes...so intent. Nice portrait.
    1192174010_TzWvW-200x200.jpg

8. The lighting on this is just...ooh. I don't take wildlife photos. This just sets that bar so high.
    1193320549_waZV3-200x200.jpg

9. Something about her eyes/expression that just draws me right in. A great portrait.
    1193849636_G2KkA-200x200.jpg

10. Perfect composition.
    1194869630_PHhDy-200x200.jpg
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
  • Options
    edited February 24, 2011
    I have a feeling you are as addicted to playing as I used to be before moderating. :D

Yup! thumb.gif This popped up at a time in my life when I needed to do something for me. It fits because it's not too time consuming since there are two weeks to prepare, it's not mandatory (no pressure), and it's fun.

As for comments swaying opinions, I have the exact same thought in general. There are comments already though under the entries, so does a separate thread make a difference? I don't know. People are human, so a good comment, a constructive comment, or lack of a comment could sway votes in the long run.

I do worry about that, but I have to say that I am not usually influenced by the good comments others make. If 10 people comment about an entry that they love and I don't particularly like it, I think "Really? Are you kidding me?" I don't change my mind because others like it. Hopefully, other people are the same. I will try to pay attention and see if constructive comments or no comments on my entries subconsciously change my votes. I know I try to make a point of not letting that happen, but the mind is a powerful thing. I always try to go with my gut and vote for whatever speaks to me, regardless.
    SandiZ
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2011
    I have noticed that billseye's - My Two Loves is being lauded for great composition. I am struggling to understand composition. Can y'all explain what makes the composition so good? TIA.
  • Options
    edited February 24, 2011
    WhatSheSaw wrote: »
    I have noticed that billseye's - My Two Loves is being lauded for great composition. I am struggling to understand composition. Can y'all explain what makes the composition so good? TIA.

First (and this is nothing against Bills or any of the other wonderful images) but I think the word GREAT is overused. It's lost it's lustre similar to a 5star rating.

With regard to the comp of the pix, I can only tell you what I really like in Bills comp:

I like the contrast between the hard metal of the bike vs the soft of her leg.
    I like the contrast in the rich color of her leg vs the desat of the bike.
    I like how her leg cuts the frame diagonally, and then the balance between her knee and the HarleyDavidson emblem.

It gets slightly awkward for me in the handlebars and mirror. But because I've already recognized the Harley label, I accept that the handlebars would have to be there.

Nice shot Bill!

**and Karen, as I've said before, I have really begun to enjoy reading your commentary. It's so well thought out and confident. Good for you.
  • Options
    edited February 24, 2011
    I like how her leg cuts the frame diagonally, and then the balance between her knee and the HarleyDavidson emblem.

Yes! And:

I like how the shape of the leg is echoed in the shape of the brake/handlebar
    The lines of the sandal and some of the elements of the bike (nearby, don't know what part of the bike that is) are similar. I like that.
    The handlebar also cuts into the frame diagonally and is directly opposite her legs, which alludes to some naughty suggestions.
  • Options
    edited February 24, 2011
    First (and this is nothing against Bills or any of the other wonderful images) but I think the word GREAT is overused. It's lost it's lustre similar to a 5star rating.

With regard to the comp of the pix, I can only tell you what I really like in Bills comp:

It gets slightly awkward for me in the handlebars and mirror. But because I've already recognized the Harley label, I accept that the handlebars would have to be there.

Nice shot Bill!

**and Karen, as I've said before, I have really begun to enjoy reading your commentary. It's so well thought out and confident. Good for you.

Thanks, Paul! My confidence has grown with practice. And I try to be specific.

I highly encourage everyone to do it. It is an excellent way to increase one's appreciation of photography and visual arts. Even those starting out can contribute their reaction to a photo, until they gain confidence to comment on technique, composition, and style. I also find that commenting is helping my self-critique and shot selection. So don't sell yourself short. Get out there and comment!

Thanks for the detailed comments on composition. This is very helpful.

Bill, your two loves are not my loves, but I really love a good photo. Well done!
  • Options
    edited February 24, 2011
    indiegirl wrote: »
    Yes! And:

I like how the shape of the leg is echoed in the shape of the brake/handlebar
    The lines of the sandal and some of the elements of the bike (nearby, don't know what part of the bike that is) are similar. I like that.
    The handlebar also cuts into the frame diagonally and is directly opposite her legs, which alludes to some naughty suggestions.

Thanks, indiegirl! Specifics are so important. I am sometimes oblivious to naughty suggestions. :D Or just generally oblivious.
  • Options
    edited February 24, 2011
    WhatSheSaw wrote: »
    Thanks, Paul! My confidence has grown with practice. And I try to be specific.

I highly encourage everyone to do it. It is an excellent way to increase one's appreciation of photography and visual arts. Even those starting out can contribute their reaction to a photo, until they gain confidence to comment on technique, composition, and style. I also find that commenting is helping my self-critique and shot selection. So don't sell yourself short. Get out there and comment!

Thanks for the detailed comments on composition. This is very helpful.

Bill, your two loves are not my loves, but I really love a good photo. Well done!

I agree. I've said the same thing for my years here. It forces me to 'look', and then 'I' learn. :o)
  • Options
    JennJenn Registered Users Posts: 1,009 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2011
    Thanks Sean. :D

so here are my choices, in no particular order:

1196189698_QuMsK-200x200.jpg

My personal favorite is a tie between ghinson - Love My Four Kids and indiegirl - falling in love

Please note I have not looked at the results so far, these are only what I personally voted for.
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
    Panasonic Lumix 10x DMC-TZ3 :photo
    Leica Mega O.I.S./28mm WIDE :smile6
  • Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,949 moderator
    edited February 25, 2011
    First Collage Attempt
    As a relative newcomer to the challenges (and this feedback thread), I am more comfortable with giving feedback (with indications of favorites) after the voting is closed. It's not that I think my selections would have influenced anyone, but it felt better to me to do it that way.

I have made my first attempt at creating a collage in photoshop (after looking for how-to info online....) It only includes 7 photos because I honestly can't remember with certainty which 3 I picked to round out my selections. I just remember deliberating over several as I voted Tuesday morning because this round included a lot of fine images. The 7 shown here are in no particular order other than trying to rearrange them a bit to balance the collage.

1197924016_hErBW-L.jpg

1. SimpsonBrothers - A Good Laugh Who doesn't love a good laugh? The expression with this infectious smile, the way the lighting highlighted the facial expression and darkened the background - it worked for me.

2. ic4u - Seeing the world through her eyes The subject (and title) of this photo resonated with me as a mother and now grandmother. I liked the perspective and lighting of this profile shot and could picture "seeing the world through her eyes".

3. Johnloguk - The First Flowers of Spring I almost passed this one over, having made similar images myself but I like the overall, natural composition with the suggestion of a diagonal and the foremost crocus in sharp focus. The colors are good - not over saturated - and the reddish-brown leaves of fall are a nice visual counterpoint to the spring flowers with their "spring green" leaves.

4. JAG - Time with my Father I appreciate the serenity of her expression; the way the light hits her hair & face, white clothing, edge of folded hands, and book; and the overall theme. Very well done.

5. davev - The Great Outdoors Great capture of the action as this swan takes off. I liked the definition of the wings with the touch of glow.

6. indiegirl - falling in love This was an early favorite for me with its subjects, composition, lighting and depth (of feeling and in the frame). Your new title clinched it as it encompassed both subjects and how you feel about them and/or the process of their bonding.

7. cromwell - The Romantic Liked the composition, subject, sharpness, contrast, warmth of the fire and red rose complimenting the warm tones of the lab. The overall effect of the photo was in sync with its theme, and I loved the lab!

I will be dropping off in my participation for awhile as I have a lot of travel coming up, but will try to check in and see what you are all shooting! Take care everyone.

Gretchen

Going back to edit this and add the other 3 now that Donna has told me how to "remember" what I chose:

nightpixels - New Life
    1184887926_PfBXu-200x200.jpg
    Liked the sharp detail of portions of the bud with the shallow depth of field. The greens of the background and the droplets of water were a bonus.

ghinson - Love My Four Kids
    1186401429_9xDvm-200x200.jpg
    Creative take on this challenge; well-executed.

senorjax - I love Spring, even though it starts indoors
    1188085728_b9KYt-200x200.jpg
    Liked the overall composition, the backlighting of the tulips and detailed shadows on one leaf, the soft curtains, and the glorious orange color of the tulips and vase. I can also empathize with the title, as I am definitely ready for spring!

Cheers!
  • Options
    dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2011
    sapphire73 wrote: »
    ... I honestly can't remember with certainty which 3 I picked to round out my selections. I just remember deliberating over several as I voted Tuesday morning because this round included a lot of fine images. The 7 shown here are in no particular order other than trying to rearrange them a bit to balance the collage...

Gretchen, for future reference, you can see which ones you voting for by looking at the titles next to the pictures in the voting thread. The ones you picked should be in italics.
  • Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,949 moderator
    edited February 25, 2011
    Thank you, Donna. Much appreciated!
  • Options
    sweetharmonysweetharmony Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2011
    And some of my favorites, in no particular order:
    1198476252_Tacs4-L.jpg
    1. 42. dlplumer - Nature's Beauty
    The clarity of light is astonishing to me......an incredibly crisp image.

32. davev - The Great Outdoors.
    Gorgeous, dreamy look in a simple palette. Elegant.

31. sapphire73 - The Beauty of Light
    Excellent title...the sort of light that is ephemeral and elusive. The composition with the window as a frame adds a great touch of drama, binding the natural world to the human experience.

27. rishan - sunset
    Again, excellent quality of light captured and the lines of the composition are perfect.

24. MikeK - Archery with my Daughter
    Intensity! An image that will be very easy to remember.

19. learnin - The Endlessly Fascinating World of Birds
    This one is unusual and I understand why it didn't score so high, but I personally enjoy it very much because of the boldness of colors and lines. There is a vivaciousness......

13. SimpsonBrothers - A Good Laugh
    Charmed my socks off. Priceless expression on the kiddo's face and I love the look of dramatic lighting and dark background-not something you see very often in portraits of children.

9. SeaScapeS - A Date With Mr. Bubbles
    Just plain fun. Love the pink and cream tones.......they add to the silliness...

7. ghinson - Love My Four Kids
    Super all around...great idea, great execution.....a memorable shot.

3. cromwell - The Romantic
    Perfect! It's all about the dog's expression, for me. YOu could take 100 shots and not get a single one right, and here's the right one!
  • Options
    billseyebillseye Registered Users Posts: 847 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2011
    1197392481_UfyH8-L.png

<style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Cambria; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 0 0 0 1 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Cambria; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style> Okay… I picked these before the results were posted. I’ve agreed with myself not to second guess the choices at any time and to respond with the images that caught my attention. These may not even be an exact match to the ones I voted for, but… here’s my 10 cents worth… 10 of my favorites from DSS #70 and a bit of explanation

ghinson – Love My Four Kids: Had a suspicion that this one would do well. A very clever take on the theme and very well executed. Bravo!

Froch – Kailee and Her Colors: The eyes… and the hair… and the composition and the colors. This was my favorite of the bunch!

SimpsonBrothers – A Good Laugh: How can you look at this without smiling. So well done. So evocative of the joy of laughter!

lizzard_nyc – “Put the needle on the record”: What can I say. This is a representation of my generation’s youthful distractions. Thanks for the reminder – makes me want to listen to Rubber Soul on vinyl!

DsrtVW – “Rejection”: The photo stands on it’s own, but I particularly like the representation of humor in nature as a passion for you.

Davev – The Great Outdoors: I wanna be a nature photographer when I grow up. This is the kind of photo that makes me want to spend more time in the “Great Outdoors.” Wonderful work!

sgonen – Beaches: This is a location I know well and you captured it at a perfect moment from a perfect POV and post-processed it so effectively. Nice work!

DonRicklin - A Rust Junkie's delight!: So, before I was hanging around at DGrin, I had no idea that such a thing as a rust junkie even existed in the world of photography. Still not sure if they even exist outside of DGrin. Nonetheless, I’m a sucker for passion and the rust junkies around here are nothing if not passionate.

SeaScapeS - A Date With Mr. Bubbles: The title and processing add just the right context to this entry. I understand you’re not a big fan of legs and Harleys… I’m not particularly fond of bubble baths, but your entry is pretty cool! Not to mention the dedication of processing and entering in spite of the candle-towel emergency.

indiegirl – falling in love: This one captures the theme so completely, I surprised it didn’t get into the top five.
    Bill Banning

Check out billseye photos on SmugMug
  • Options
    edited February 26, 2011
    I understand you’re not a big fan of legs and Harleys… I’m not particularly fond of bubble baths,

Too funny!
    SandiZ