Mini Challenge #116 – The Lone Sentinel

KevXmanKevXman Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
edited March 12, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
Alrighty everyone, here we go.

I've been participating in the mini challenges for a couple of years now and have been trying to think about what kind of theme I would come up with if I ever actually won. Well, to my complete surpise, I finally won. (Still trying to come to grips on that. :huh) Usually the moderator has asked for photos that would fit into a relatively broad theme, but I'd like to put a slight twist on it. Instead of fitting a theme, what would happen if your images had to fit a title? So with that in mind, I'd like to see images from everyone that could have the title The Lone Sentinel applied to them without it being too much of a stretch. Basically looking for images with a single person "keeping watch".

Right now, here in Manassas, Virginia, USA it is about 9:30 pm so let's make this challenge run for two weeks until a closing time of 9:30 pm (my time) on Friday the 11th of March, 2011. (Or there abouts)

Here are a few examples from my achives that show what it is that I have in mind.

The Lone Sentinel (real title The Traveler)
271504351_T8G5b-M-9.jpg

The Lone Sentinel (real title Eternal Vigilance)
774327658_pqgf5-M-3.jpg

The Lone Sentinel (real title Waiting On A Friend)
449626465_bGoKL-L-1.jpg

The Lone Sentinel (real title Siesta)
757168536_zXbiP-L.jpg

The most important thing though is just to have fun with it! So show me what you got everyone.
— Kevin

OUR UN-OFFICIAL GENERAL RULES
1. Have fun sharing and seeing what others share!
2. The host supplies a topic and you post 1-3 images. The host judges the winners (1st, 2nd and 3rd) and is not eligible to enter.
The 1st place winner then chooses the next topic, judges the winner and then passes on the baton to the new champion.
3. Any photo you’ve taken is eligible, regardless of when taken or camera used.
4. Any amount of post-processing is allowed. However, it is helpful if you list your camera and lens along with your photo.
You may comment on other contestant's images. If you want someone to leave you some critique or criticism, just ask within your post.
5. The winner has up to three days (72 hours) to begin a new mini-challenge, or the honor goes to the #2 finisher and so forth.

Guidelines:
1. Enter 1-3 photos and put them in a single post.
2. Either embed your image in the thread or, if you must, supply a link to it. Keep in mind, however, most people don't want to click to open photos hosted elsewhere (i.e. on your website).
3. Also try and resize your photos prior to posting so they're sized appropriately for viewing without having to scroll (~800 pixels on the longest side works best.)
4. Give each image you enter a title.
5. Enjoy discussion with members about their images, don't let this just be an entry thread!
6. Don't be hesitant, share'em and enter!
Enjoy today, tomorrow is not guaranteed.

My Site, My Book

Comments