Nikon D70 firmware update

AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
edited August 31, 2005 in Cameras
for my fellow Nikonians:

Hi everyone. I have a question for which I can't find a clear answer on the Nikon site. I thought I'd get a faster response here.

> I updated my D70 once and currently have firmware versions A1.01 and B1.03. I just checked the Nikon site to learn that version "2" is now available for download and update.

My questions:
A) did I miss any updates since my last download and
B) can I go directly to v2 if I missed earlier updates?

Comments

• Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2005
    Angelo wrote:
    for my fellow Nikonians:

Hi everyone. I have a question for which I can't find a clear answer on the Nikon site. I thought I'd get a faster response here.

> I updated my D70 once and currently have firmware versions A1.01 and B1.03. I just checked the Nikon site to learn that version "2" is now available for download and update.

My questions:
    A) did I miss any updates since my last download and
    B) can I go directly to v2 if I missed earlier updates?
    Aww, you got me all excited! I'm dying for a NEW new firmware upgrade for the NR... ;) Version 2.0 has been available since about April of this year.

Apparently, the way Nikon wants you to install the latest version is 2.0 in A and version 2.0 in B. Dunno why, but this is how I have it and you DEFINITELY notice the difference because the whole menu is re-designed. And slick, too! You CAN go directly to V2, I know for a fact because I went straight to V2.0 from V1.01...

Good luck!
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited August 30, 2005
    Aww, you got me all excited! I'm dying for a NEW new firmware upgrade for the NR... ;) Version 2.0 has been available since about April of this year.

Apparently, the way Nikon wants you to install the latest version is 2.0 in A and version 2.0 in B. Dunno why, but this is how I have it and you DEFINITELY notice the difference because the whole menu is re-designed. And slick, too! You CAN go directly to V2, I know for a fact because I went straight to V2.0 from V1.01...

Good luck!
    Hey Matthew thanks a bunch - (it's because A & B address different aspects of onboard computer operations in the camera.)

Based on your response I think you've answered my question for me. Were you at A1.01 & B1.03 when you upgraded to v2?
  • Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2005
    Angelo wrote:
    Hey Matthew thanks a bunch - (it's because A & B address different aspects of onboard computer operations in the camera.)

Based on your response I think you've answered my question for me. Were you at A1.01 & B1.03 when you upgraded to v2?
    When I upgraded my camera, it was un-firmwared since the day I bougt it, which was less than a month after they first hit the shelves. So, maybe I went from A1.01 &B1.01, if that's possible. If you had to install B1.03, then that's what I didn't do and I went straight to 2.0 in both slots.

-Matt-
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • JamesJWegJamesJWeg Registered Users Posts: 795 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2005
    Cool, I'll have to give it a shot too.

James.
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited August 31, 2005
    When I upgraded my camera, it was un-firmwared since the day I bougt it, which was less than a month after they first hit the shelves. So, maybe I went from A1.01 &B1.01, if that's possible. If you had to install B1.03, then that's what I didn't do and I went straight to 2.0 in both slots.

-Matt-
    I got a response from Nikon which confirms your answer Matthew. V2 is the latest and only update since 1.03 and OK for me to download. Thanks.