Options

My First Wedding!

mikecapson.commikecapson.com Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
edited February 27, 2011 in Weddings
I do not usually shoot weddings but my cousin was in a pinch and I said I would help her out :). I went into this with little to no knowledge about wedding photography except for a little google research. Considering their alternative for wedding photos was going to be done with a friend and a point and shoot camera I think I did ok lol. Criticism is always welcome but be nice :rofl

http://clients.mikecapson.com/Photography/Anne-Marie-and-Jesses-Wedding/15902380_isB6h#1192736374_ZvYq4

Comments

• Options
    indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2011
    Yeah, you did! You're a very nice friend and they are lucky to have you. I hope you're not going to give away the whole store since they were not expecting much ;) What was the experience like for you? Did you enjoy it? What would you do differently next time?
  • Options
    BritrockBritrock Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited February 26, 2011
    Congratulations for taking it on and getting a good result! Part of this whole process is about being brave, taking risks, learning from your mistakes and ultimately enjoying what you are doing. Please tell me you enjoyed it.
  • Options
    edited February 26, 2011
    Thanks you guys .
    I hope you're not going to give away the whole store since they were not expecting much ;)
    As for this, there was a bit of drama in my family on whether I should sell them the prints or sell them the digital files. It was a big disaster and I should have went over terms before shooting :(. I ended up giving them all of my edited jpegs. That's family for you lol. Now if theses were clients who were not family they would have signed a contract.
  • Options
    ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2011
    1st time, is it so?? :)
    Very nicely done, and your friend should be forever grateful! lol
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • Options
    edited February 27, 2011