1171819202123»

Comments

• PLPhotoPLPhoto Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited August 24, 2010
    Yes I am Al.
  • ilovecomixilovecomix Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited September 1, 2010
    update?
    does anyone update this any more. I need a good working program that I can move and rearrange my online photos easily, and star explorer is not cutting it, so i am looking at other options, is this one dead?
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2010
    ilovecomix wrote: »
    does anyone update this any more. I need a good working program that I can move and rearrange my online photos easily, and star explorer is not cutting it, so i am looking at other options, is this one dead?

http://drop.io/smugbrowser/asset/smugbrowser-0-5-9b-xpi
    edited November 20, 2010
    jchin wrote: »
    Download this one:
    http://drop.io/smugbrowser/asset/smugbrowser-0-5-9b-xpi

This is the one I have installed on FF 3.6

Who made this version? Can the author take this over and get it part of the mozilla addon repository? We'd love that....
  • jchinjchin Registered Users Posts: 713 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2010
    Andy wrote: »
    Who made this version? Can the author take this over and get it part of the mozilla addon repository? We'd love that....

Andy, that dropio version was a "hack" that I put together. I am not the author. I only hacked it to allow for more versions of Firefox. So sorry, I cannot make it part of the the Fireofox addons.
    Johnny J. Chin ~ J. Chin Photography
    FacebookFlickrSmugMug
    SmugMug referral coupon code: ix3uDyfBU6xXs
    (use this for a discount off your SmugMug subscription)
  • brich03brich03 Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited January 18, 2011
    Drop.io is gone
    jchin wrote: »
    Andy, that dropio version was a "hack" that I put together. I am not the author. I only hacked it to allow for more versions of Firefox. So sorry, I cannot make it part of the the Fireofox addons.

Can someone provide another location to download this from. Drop.io discontinued service on the 15th of December. Thanks
  • darryldarryl Registered Users Posts: 997 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2011
    jchin - can you please send your version to SmugMug or post it somewhere else where folks can get to it. It's working fine for me, but a friend wants it and I have no way to download it. :-{
  • darryldarryl Registered Users Posts: 997 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2011
    Or does anybody else have a copy? I don't think I ever saved the .xpi file as Firefox just installed directly.
    edited January 19, 2011
    I will see if I still have it somewhere and then post a link here.
    FacebookFlickrSmugMug
    edited January 19, 2011
    FOUND IT (smugbrowser-0.5.9b.xpi) on my portable HD. So I uploaded it to MediaFire ... get it from here http://www.mediafire.com/?rkpj9nt97b7cssd (hope the link stays live longer than drop.io did).

NOTE: once again, this is NOT my code; it is a hacked version that made it work (more like tricked it to work) with Firefox 3.
    FacebookFlickrSmugMug
  • nine22nine22 Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited February 7, 2011
    I can log in but going into any gallery crashes FF...
    nine22.smugmug.com
  • LauraSLauraS Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited February 24, 2011
    Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004002 (NS_NOINTERFACE) [nsISupports.QueryInterface]" nsresult: "0x80004002 (NS_NOINTERFACE)" location: "JS frame :: file:///C:/Users/Laura%20Siivola/AppData/Roaming/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/tcbdm3o3.default/extensions/%7BFBD8D33E-0FF7-4a71-BE2F-FD0B6F3C64A9%7D/components/nsISmugmugAlbum.js :: anonymous :: line 105" data: no]

getting this when I try to start a new gallery...
  • agalliaagallia Registered Users Posts: 541 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2011
    Interesting. Found the 0.5.9b.xpi version online last August, downloaded and installed on both Win XP and Win 7 recently. Seems to work okay with FF 3.6.13. File no longer found now except Mediafire.

Had trouble trying to install in FF after download. But found this site and used Option #1 to install. Basically, dragged the file into FF Add-ons Manager. Hope this helps.
    Acadiana Al
    Smugmug: Bayou Oaks Studio
    Blog: Journey to the Light
    "Serendipity...the faculty of making happy, unexpected discoveries by accident." .... Horace Walpole, 1754 (perhaps that 'lucky shot' wasn't really luck at all!)
  • brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2011
    agallia wrote: »
    Interesting. Found the 0.5.9b.xpi version online last August, downloaded and installed on both Win XP and Win 7 recently. Seems to work okay with FF 3.6.13. File no longer found now except Mediafire.

Had trouble trying to install in FF after download. But found this site and used Option #1 to install. Basically, dragged the file into FF Add-ons Manager. Hope this helps.

Still does not show pics from pass worded galleries.
    edited February 27, 2011
    Still does not show pics from pass worded galleries.

It's showing them fine for me - I just grabbed the version from the link above, reinstalled and voila.
  • brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2011
    Andy wrote: »
    It's showing them fine for me - I just grabbed the version from the link above, reinstalled and voila.

Reloaded... seems to be working now!wings.gifclap
  • huseyinhuseyin Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2011
    Is this working with FF4?
    My smugmug still under construction & organization with 17,000 images and counting... meanwhile check my Flickr
    edited March 29, 2011
    huseyin wrote: »
    Is this working with FF4?
    Sadly, it is disabled by FF4....
    Acadiana Al
    "Serendipity...the faculty of making happy, unexpected discoveries by accident." .... Horace Walpole, 1754 (perhaps that 'lucky shot' wasn't really luck at all!)
  • huseyinhuseyin Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2011
    :(
    Do we have any other alternatives?
    I am looking for a simple image browser/manipulation tool because I find SM interface to be slow.
    Nothing advance will be done, just marking photos and picking ones to show on my "features" gallery. I have about 20,000 pictures uploaded during last month, and I need to pick the good ones.
    My smugmug still under construction & organization with 17,000 images and counting... meanwhile check my Flickr
    edited April 19, 2011
    Really needed the functionality of the old 0.5.9b.xpi SmugBrowser again (can be downloaded from http://bit.ly/ep8INN). So replaced FF 4.0 by downloading/reinstalling FF 3.6.16. Then manually installed the Smugbrowser .xpi plugin into Add-ons Manager and all works well again. So sad that this plugin isn't being updated for FF 4 or that SM doesn't have such a tool built-in. Be sure to set FF options to not install updates automatically too!
    Acadiana Al
  • dustyhaledustyhale Registered Users Posts: 10 Beginner grinner
    edited April 27, 2011
    Download link for Smugbrowser does not work.
    It just times out. Anyone know how to fix this?
    edited April 27, 2011
    Really needed the functionality of the old 0.5.9b.xpi SmugBrowser again (can be downloaded from http://bit.ly/ep8INN). So replaced FF 4.0 by downloading/reinstalling FF 3.6.16. Then manually installed the Smugbrowser .xpi plugin into Add-ons Manager and all works well again. So sad that this plugin isn't being updated for FF 4 or that SM doesn't have such a tool built-in. Be sure to set FF options to not install updates automatically too!
    Sorry for the bad link. It is misleading and tries to get you to download Mediafire stuff. Will try to share the copy I have ASAP.
    Acadiana Al
    edited April 27, 2011
    Just wondering...who has rights to SmugBrowser? Is it legal to post the 0.5.9b.xpi file online for public access?
    Acadiana Al
  • devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited April 27, 2011
    Just wondering...who has rights to SmugBrowser? Is it legal to post the 0.5.9b.xpi file online for public access?

yes, that's fine
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
    edited April 27, 2011
    devbobo wrote: »
    yes, that's fine
    Okay. Put a copy of 0.5.9b.xpi on this public Dropbox link. Hope it downloads okay. Good luck.
    Acadiana Al
  • unknownphotographyunknownphotography Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited February 16, 2012
    So what happened to SmugBrowser? Is it dead? Do I need to get an old version of Firefox for it to work? I have 10.0.1.

Thanks
    http://www.unknownphotography.com
    30D 70-200 f2.8 IS, 400 f5.6, 50 1.4, sigma 18-200 3.5-6.3
  • PlughPlugh Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited January 29, 2013
    Is this still available
    Is this still available?... links don't seem to work

devbobo wrote: »
    Well, this is a project that I have been working on and off with for the past couple of years, but never got around to releasing.

So finally, introducing SmugBrowser...

110840005-M.jpg

Supports:-
    - Firefox
    - Flock

Features include..
    - Creating/Updating/Deleting Albums.
    - Unlimited photo uploading.
    - Customize galleries in BULK at Account, Category or Subcategory levels.

Known Issues:-
    - Setting the incorrect file permissions in Linux (0664 instead of 0700). Will fix for next release.

Versions:-

EDIT: Nov 20, 2010: Latest version for FF 3.6.12 here.
    20/09/2008 v0.5.6 - Fendy Oei was kind enough to provide a patch for FF3, download it here. bowdown.gifbowdown.gif
    18/03/2008 v0.5.5 - Added SquareThumbs and security changes.
    23/11/2007 v0.5.3 - Added SmugMungous options, photo sharpening, watermarks and communities.
    14/06/2007 v0.5.2 - Fixed error message on Standard accounts when building the tree
    08/06/2007 v0.5.1 - Added support for SmugSearchable and WorldSearchable
    20/12/2006 v0.3.11 - Fixed incorrect access permissions on Linux (thanks Tanveer)
    - Fixed login issue with non-standard characters (thanks BWG and Al)
    21/11/2006 v0.3.10 - Fixed 'node.firstChild has no properties' bug (thanks Andy!)
    18/11/2006 v0.3.9 - Fixed a UI blocking issue on Album context menu.
    17/11/2006 v0.3.8 - Adding viewing/setting of PhotoRank, Proof Days, Backprinting, Password Hint.
    17/11/2006 v0.3.7 - Initial beta release

Download it here. Once installed, run from Tools->SmugBrowser

Cheers,

David
  • CaptainChetCaptainChet Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited March 27, 2013
    No longer compatible with FireFox latest version.
  • n8vzn8vz Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited August 12, 2016
    I know that this thread is quite old, but I wondered if there was any newer alternative to this smugbrowser. It looks like a very useful utility.