Options

Just getting started...and have ??'s Like? not like?

blizzblizz Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
edited March 1, 2011 in The Big Picture
I have been with SM for 8-9 days, have downloaded a few photos. Have a few questions for you. I am basically here, for people to enjoy my photos and buy if they want to. I feel as though my photos have been lost at sea since i downloaded them. The 'thumbs up' have been mainly from me, testing and testing. I believe i was told that in order to have photos appear in the Popular area they need to have comments and thumbs up. And to do this I could have friends look at the photos or be a member of several forums. Is there anything else that might bring attention to my photos? I am still working on my homepage, i am not to crazy about the way it is set up right now. Will be working on it again tonight.

Would anyone mind looking at my photos and criqueting my photos? Positive or negative....I need to know. Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Also, do most people create a Facebook account just for their photography only ? Or do some people have a personal page and their Photography page?

Curious One here ....thanks for any input.

Comments

• Options
    Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2011
    blizz wrote: »
    Is there anything else that might bring attention to my photos? I am still working on my homepage, i am not to crazy about the way it is set up right now. Will be working on it again tonight.

Would anyone mind looking at my photos and criqueting my photos? Positive or negative....I need to know. Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Also, do most people create a Facebook account just for their photography only ? Or do some people have a personal page and their Photography page?

Bringing attention to your website can be done several different ways depending on what your goal is. It sounds as if you are simply looking for the most viewers. That is actually the easier thing to do. Get your link out there, work on making your site easy to navigate, and start sharing some images.

I took a quick peak around your site. Your pricing is a bit odd. Why would anyone buy a 4x6 print at the same price as an 8x10? Your pricing really repeats too often.

I also suggest limiting the viewing size to large. Plenty big enough for casual users. You may want to consider removing the share button also.

Facebook is one of those weird things. Some use a personal page and some use a fan page. Since you are doing this for fun you can get just as much use out of the personal page. Of course if you work it right, either can be successful.
    Steve

Website
  • Options
    blizzblizz Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited March 1, 2011
    Thanks Steve for your input, I do appreciate it. I made a few changes to my account. I do have one gallery that I cannot figure out how to change the gallery settings....will have to figure that one out. Got the other ones done though.

I knew my pricing looked a little goofy. Need to get that changed to. I am still in the trial period and was just trying to get things set and figure out where everything is. Thanks again for your input.

As far as the photos....what do you think?