Options

Some family triptychs

metmet Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
edited March 7, 2011 in People
I took some pictures of my brother's family a few months ago and organized several of them into triptychs. I was experimenting with some processing and was going for kind of an Americana look along with the more straightforward processing.

By the time we got everyone around and to the park the kids were growing rather grumpy and impatient so I tended to just snap when I could while they would let me, even though I may not have the perfect composition. I know I have a tendency to cut off limbs and hands because of this and need to pay more attention to that. These were all natural light - I didn't have any flashes with me.

C&C are welcome on photography and processing.

1136697437_DqiZZ-X2.jpg

1136542817_n4yb5-X2.jpg

1136697316_TdHAp-X2.jpg

1136522165_gn2Gp-X2.jpg

1136522593_omaEW-X2.jpg

1136522232_KdKpM-X2.jpg

1136702291_kLkaa-X2.jpg

Comments

• Options
    laurenornotlaurenornot Registered Users Posts: 167 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2011
    Great outfits! I'm always really afraid of blown highlights but in these you made it work with an overall high-key look, well done. 4 is my favorite because it really tells a story.
  • Options
    briandelionbriandelion Registered Users Posts: 512 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2011
    Excellent! You captured some great expressions and the feeling of a loving family. I'm also loving the b&w conversions. #1, 4, 5 & 6 are my favorites.
    "Photography is not about the thing photographed.
    It is about how that thing looks photographed." Garry Winogrand

Avatar credit: photograph by Duane Michals- picture of me, 'Smash Palace' album
  • Options
    IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2011
    The rightmost image in #5 and the leftmost in #7 (actual) are my faves.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2011
    You got some really cute photos here, and I LOVE the color coordination!!! ... though the amount scares me (haha)

There are only 2 shots that kind of bug me:
    - center 3: I don't think this is a flattering shot + his hat seems a bit to high up on his forehead ... I would have tossed that one ...
    - center 5: I actually think it's a really cute shot of the girl, but I don't like how the space was used. You cropped off parts of her head and have all that "negative" space on the bottom ... I would have zoomed in more (or just cropped tighter) so you see more of the face and your eyes are drawn more to her STUNNING eyes. What a cutie!

All is one, beautiful set! ... and I totally admire your ... either .. ability to tell them what to wear ... or your ability to put them in such fun variation of clothes :D
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2011
    oh ... and my favorite is center 2 .... boy, that shot belongs in a magazine! Wonderful! iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2011
    NICE STUFF!! Kudos for the hard work with all the little ones. I really like all the images, and the PP, except for the top row, I don't care for the PP as much in those three. And in row 2, image 1, the little guy's face being split down the middle bugs me, alot. Other than that it would be hard to pick just one favorite, love the close ups! The B&W work very well. They will love ALL of these!
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700