Options

Your Help is Needed

astockwellastockwell Registered Users Posts: 279 Major grins
edited March 8, 2011 in The Big Picture
Fellow Dgrinners,

I am nominated to Shot of the Month over at: http://onedailyshot.com/image-of-the-month/

I need to enlist your assistance...I am trying to win of course, and could use a vote if you feel my shot warrants it....

But you can vote for 3 shots, so enjoy. You don't have to register to enter...also feel free to look around the place, and maybe submit something if you would like.

This is the shot that I have over there:
1146338228_6zUwE-L.jpg

I apperciate any votes you guys can give me.

Thanks,

Andrew

Comments

• Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2011
    Andrew,

I just wanted to thank you for your service, and say this is a very nice image.

I had a peek at the site you linked to and there are some really wonderful images there. For me personally since there is no criteria, subject matter, or theme for the image comparisons it comes down to a popularity contest, and I just don't think that's a valid reason to vote.

Just my thoughts:

Sam
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2011
    Sam wrote: »
    it comes down to a popularity contest, and I just don't think that's a valid reason to vote.

Just my thoughts:

Sam

Same here. In fact I love photo contests, here at DGRIN especially! But they are about the photo. Popularity contests are just a way usually for Websites to drive traffic and nothing more.
    tom wise
  • Options
    STphotosSTphotos Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited January 31, 2011
    Hi Everyone,
    Thanks for discussing One Daily Shot.
    I am looking for ways to make the voting process more stringent.
    The shot of the month vote is in place as a way to get the Prizes from MPIX and NIK Software out to one of the daily photo winners.
    If you have any ideas, I would be glad to hear them. I am not concerned with site traffic as much as I am concerned with getting terrific images on the site.
    Regardless if you know the photographer or not, you should vote for the three images you feel are the best.
  • Options
    STphotosSTphotos Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited March 8, 2011
    The public voting has been removed.