Options

Grand Cayman... Tell me about this place

anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
We continue to plan this year's vacation. We were mulling over a few different places in South American and have now changed plans. We are now pretty committed to Grand Cayman. Never been and it looks beautiful. We plan on first going to Cuba, by way of Grand Cayman, for two weeks and then returning to GC to spend a week there.

We will be going in December which I believe is the dry season and a little less hot/humid. We are thinking of staying in either the Morritt's Grand or Morritt's Turtuga Club resorts. They are in different parts of the island, the former being closer to George Town.

Have you been? What did you do? What did you like? What didn't you like? Are there any must see, must photograph places there?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Alex
"I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site

Comments

• Options
    TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2011
    I've been to the Caymans several times, but for diving trips. All my photographs were underwater, and my hotel choices based on accessibility to the water.

Hell used to be worth the trip, but I see they've now banned people from the area and restrict them to viewing platforms.

Rent a scooter. It's the best way to travel around the island. Wear goggles, though. At certain times of day bugs the size of sparrows are thick in the air. Harmless, but can give you a good smack on the face.
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/