This is St James Cathedral here in Seattle. C&C or keep looking? :D

A Higher Power

1218223002_rbZw5-XL.jpg

1218483283_VLoTA-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    MammaPaparazzaMammaPaparazza Registered Users Posts: 221 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2011
    beautiful! no valuable C&C...just beautiful, makes me feel relaxed :)
    Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively. - Dalai Lama XIV
    It is vain to do with more what can be done with less. - William of Occam (c. 1288-1348)
  • Options
    silversx80silversx80 Registered Users Posts: 604 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2011
    I see you've already submitted #1 to the gallery. I really like it and think it works well with the challenge... nice interpretation on the subject, BTW.

My only nit is that it seems to have traces of HDR processing. I'm not really a fan of HDRs in general anyway, so I guess it's more of a personal preference than a nit.

#1 over #2, for sure.
    - Joe
    http://silversx80.smugmug.com/
    Olympus E-M5, 12-50mm, 45mm f/1.8
    Some legacy OM lenses and an OM-10
  • Options
    brvheartbrvheart Registered Users Posts: 434 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2011
    I really like them both, however I would like to see them in a 3-7 shot HDR over cooked just to see the outcome.
  • Options
    bf2015bf2015 Registered Users Posts: 523 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2011
    I do love over cooking HDR , however, most don't like that (challenge wise), so I've toned it down some to more of an exposure fusion. But, here is a quick over cooked 3 shot which I personal really like.

1218689065_ih5uA-XL.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 16, 2011
    Either my monitor is bad or my eyes - but it seems a bit dark - can you adjust the exposure to lighten it up and still set for the grunge look?
  • Options
    FrochFroch Registered Users Posts: 571 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2011
    Those are beautiful Brian. For me, I find them right where I feel they have realism to them, which is what I personally love.
    But, even the one that has a heavy hand doesn't reflect the glowing halo fantasy look that some HDR processing exhibits.
    Very very nice!!
  • Options
    konomaniackonomaniac Registered Users Posts: 335 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2011
    I like #1, but maybe a perspective tool to pull the columns to vertical might help a little??
    --- Kono ---
    Pentax K-x and assorted lenses
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2011
    konomaniac wrote: »
    I like #1, but maybe a perspective tool to pull the columns to vertical might help a little??

Wow! I totally spaced that. Thank you for pointing that out! Here is the latest that I think might be the final shot. (Perspective fixed as well)

Fixed:
    1219320803_Y86p3-XL.jpg

Original:
    1218223002_rbZw5-XL.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 18, 2011
    yes, LOVE IT!!!
  • Options
    rbustraenrbustraen Registered Users Posts: 127 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2011
    Very nice, both HDR extreme and HDR light... but I do like HDR so it's all a matter of perspective.
    - Randy

Photo Of The Day & My SmugMug Gallery
    Canon 7D and not enough L glass....
  • Options
    edited March 19, 2011
    Thank you all for all of the great comments and suggestions. I actually went back yesterday for a re-shoot for better composition and found much better light. This is the final image that I have entered. Thanks again! :D

1220875497_fcPKb-XL.jpg
  • Options
    OverfocusedOverfocused Registered Users Posts: 1,068 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2011
    bf2015 wrote: »
    Thank you all for all of the great comments and suggestions. I actually went back yesterday for a re-shoot for better composition and found much better light. This is the final image that I have entered. Thanks again! :D

Awesome job. Gorgeous.

If you want a nit-picky C&C, the horizon seems a bit tilted in the vertical shot; even if you set the camera level, the building still may not be. Also, that blue highlight on the bottom of the horizontal is a little distracting and can pull the eye down with a negative viewing effect.