Options

Crossroads Volleyball Tournament

BrillBrill Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
edited March 16, 2011 in Sports
A few volleyball shots from this past weekend. Shooting with a 7d and a 70-200 mkII.

_MG_0892.jpg

_MG_1980.jpg

_MG_1997.jpg

_MG_2538.jpg

_MG_3136.jpg

Comments

• Options
    mattdan12mattdan12 Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited March 16, 2011
    Nice shots, I always enjoy seeing other vball shots, especially in the same venue I was shooting in as well. I was there all weekend, but haven't gone through all my images yet. Been too busy/tired in the evenings to get it done, maybe tonight I'll get through day 1!

I was shooting with my new Nikon 70-200 VRII. I fell in love with that lens over the weekend. Now I just need to figure out how to charge the same prices as the big photography company that was there. ;)
  • Options
    BrillBrill Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited March 16, 2011
    Thanks. I've been plugging away at these all week. I think I'm almost done. I'm no where near qualified enough to charge the prices they were at the tournament.

Tournament was fun, especially day 3. That was some intense competition. In one of the 16's games saw a girl mess her knee up about 5 feet in front of me. Two girls went to make a play at the net and their legs got tangled underneath and came down on each other.
  • Options
    mattdan12mattdan12 Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited March 16, 2011
    Brill wrote: »
    Thanks. I've been plugging away at these all week. I think I'm almost done. I'm no where near qualified enough to charge the prices they were at the tournament.

Tournament was fun, especially day 3. That was some intense competition. In one of the 16's games saw a girl mess her knee up about 5 feet in front of me. Two girls went to make a play at the net and their legs got tangled underneath and came down on each other.

Day 3 wasn't the greatest for our team. They played the best I've ever seen them play on Day 1 and their first two matches of Day 2, but then got lost to the team that eventually took 3rd in the 15 American division and that took some of the wind in their sails. They then lost a challenge match which would have put them in the Gold bracket, but instead ended up in the Silver bracket for day 3.

The silver bracket only had four teams, so only two matches total were played and they lost their first, so they were done for the day. Ended up tied at 19th out of 80 teams. Probably a lot better then they expected going in.

I watched the final match of the 15 American division and the team that won was phenomenal. So much so, that I think they should have been in a higher division...

Did you go over and take shots of Sylvester Stallone?