Options

These were my first insticts for 72

MammaPaparazzaMammaPaparazza Registered Users Posts: 221 Major grins
edited March 20, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
DSC_0600.JPG
Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively. - Dalai Lama XIV
It is vain to do with more what can be done with less. - William of Occam (c. 1288-1348)

Comments

• Options
    MammaPaparazzaMammaPaparazza Registered Users Posts: 221 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2011
    DSC_0600.JPG

and
    DSC_0607.JPG
    I dont know why I can't get this uploading thing down...lol
    Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively. - Dalai Lama XIV
    It is vain to do with more what can be done with less. - William of Occam (c. 1288-1348)
  • Options
    robscomputerrobscomputer Registered Users Posts: 326 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2011
    I like the photos of the skater about to drop in. But to look even better, I would recommend shooting from above or below the subject. The view of the skater would show a near vertical drop and hard concrete below, a pretty scary view that most people don't see.
    Enjoying photography since 1980.
  • Options
    chris.vultaggiochris.vultaggio Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited March 17, 2011
    maybe get above the full-pipe or have him carve above you in the bowl. Be sure to throw a little flash on there, off-camera would be great, but at least a little pop to stop the motion...
  • Options
    Molotov EverythingMolotov Everything Registered Users Posts: 211 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2011
    I like the photos of the skater about to drop in. But to look even better, I would recommend shooting from above or below the subject. The view of the skater would show a near vertical drop and hard concrete below, a pretty scary view that most people don't see.

I'd take it a step further, grab a board and snap a photo while dropping in.
    Do not do this if you've never actually dropped in on a skateboard before. You will most likely end up face planting and smashing your camera.

But yea, if not that then find a way to get up above the skater, aim down and get the transition of the ramp in the shot.