Options

Nuts and bolts - the end (maybe)

JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,883 Major grins
edited March 22, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
I've been working on this series for a while, I want to submit them to a magazine and see what happens. Here are the latest. The series is at:

http://www.mind-driftphoto.com/Projects/Nuts-and-bolts/15357566_Xcety#1149119086_n3kCE

I need to select 8 from the series, which ones would you pick?

1222691482_DntU7-XL-2.jpg

1222691727_WYdpu-XL.jpg

1222856623_eDd8L-XL-1.jpg

Comments

• Options
    DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2011
    Nice. clap.gif These 3 are in. The other 5? Well... Good luck with that. But I
    can see 1 or 3 edged out if I had too :D
    Michael
  • Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2011
    Yowza! Square bolt in a square hole! I love it! : thumb

Lovely series!

Don

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,322 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2011
    Very nice series, Cristobal. clap.gif

I think your work inspires the creation of a Rust Junkie sub-forum to be called " Mega Rust ". Your PP approach elevates the specter of rust to an ethereal level.

Good luck with the photo submission. I pick numbers 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 11, 12, 13. If these don't win something, the contest is rigged.:D

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    edited March 21, 2011
    Very nice series, Cristobal. clap.gif

I think your work inspires the creation of a Rust Junkie sub-forum to be called " Mega Rust ". Your PP approach elevates the specter of rust to an ethereal level.

Good luck with the photo submission. I pick numbers 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 11, 12, 13. If these don't win something, the contest is rigged.:D

Tom

Thanks for the comment Tom. And thanks for helping with the selection, I agree with you but I am torn about 8 and 9.

Cristóbal
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,937 moderator
    edited March 21, 2011
    I love the texture and composition of #3. clap.gif
  • Options
    AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2011
    HI Cristobal........Excellent jobclap.gif........ I'm going with 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 11, 12, 13
  • Options
    Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2011
    The first one is a bit too saturated and busy even for a rust junky such as me. The second is better, but the third really captures what rust is all about. thumb.gif

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • Options
    edited March 21, 2011
    DaddyO wrote: »
    Nice. clap.gif These 3 are in. The other 5? Well... Good luck with that. But I
    can see 1 or 3 edged out if I had too :D

I agree that 1 to 3 are out, they were the first pics that led to the rest of the series. Thanks for looking.
  • Options
    edited March 21, 2011
    Jack'll do wrote: »
    The first one is a bit too saturated and busy even for a rust junky such as me. The second is better, but the third really captures what rust is all about. thumb.gif

Thanks for the comment!
  • Options
    edited March 21, 2011
    Don, Richard and Azzaro

Thanks for the encouragement! Richard, I know this is not your cup of tea necessarily, so thanks for the comment!
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,937 moderator
    edited March 22, 2011
    Juano wrote: »
    Thanks for the encouragement! Richard, I know this is not your cup of tea necessarily, so thanks for the comment!
    Like all drugs, I think rust is best taken with moderation rolleyes1.gif. Wildly unnatural, oversaturated colors are no excuse for neglecting other values, like composition, light, exposure, texture, etc. That's why I voted for #3, which works on many levels. Still, I'm just a recreational user, so you should probably pay more attention to the hard-core junkies. mwink.gif
  • Options
    edited March 22, 2011
    Richard wrote: »
    Like all drugs, I think rust is best taken with moderation rolleyes1.gif. Wildly unnatural, oversaturated colors are no excuse for neglecting other values, like composition, light, exposure, texture, etc. That's why I voted for #3, which works on many levels. Still, I'm just a recreational user, so you should probably pay more attention to the hard-core junkies. mwink.gif

Your comment is duly noted Richard, many thanks. Maybe this is just a phase...! rolleyes1.gif