Options

Background color changed by...??

SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
edited September 2, 2005 in SmugMug Support
Hi all, need your help please! This morning my homepage changed background colors from black to gray. No commands were done to make this change happen, I have not fooled with colors in weeks. It just, well, happened! (...feel like one of my kids saying that, and this too "I didn't do it!")

Two things for you DG folks:

1. Why would this happen, or beter yet, how I can make sure it does not happen again? (Fortuately, I don't mind the gray too much, but what if it were pink, or green, or bright red!)

2. How can I get it back to the black background color?

Thanks for help, very much appreciated. Shane

Oh, the site is www.shanecanfieldphotography.com and I use the SM Pro level service.

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2005
    brand new release with loads of new features.

color change to home page is explained here

if you need help in modding the css to make it whatever color you want, just holler :D

overall new changes explained here
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited September 2, 2005
    Hi Andy, I just looked quickly at these threads and really like at least a couple of the items, very nice! I will read in more detail and make changes tonight, thanks for pointing this out and the quick advice/offer for help, best to you, Shane

andy wrote:

if you need help in modding the css to make it whatever color you want, just holler :D

• Options
    edited September 2, 2005
    Hi Andy, I just looked quickly at these threads and really like at least a couple of the items, very nice! I will read in more detail and make changes tonight, thanks for pointing this out and the quick advice/offer for help, best to you, Shane

cheers

i changed my bg color in 20 seconds - it's a cinch. good luck to you and don't forget to holler here in teh support forum if you need any help whatsoever, we're here to help you deal.gif
  • Options
    arthillarthill Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
    edited September 2, 2005
    Help with background
    andy wrote:

I need help. I changed the background-color but that doesn't change the WHOLE page. I just get my color in all the boxes and seem to be stuck with white or black for a background. I thought picking a color for the BODY tag would give me the whole page in that color. What am I missing? Thanks in advance.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, however, there is.
    In order to understand recursion, you first have to understand recursion.
    Art Hill
  • Options
    edited September 2, 2005
    arthill wrote:
    I need help. I changed the background-color but that doesn't change the WHOLE page. I just get my color in all the boxes and seem to be stuck with white or black for a background. I thought picking a color for the BODY tag would give me the whole page in that color. What am I missing? Thanks in advance.

could you provide a link to your site, and the page in question that shows what you are asking about?
  • Options
    edited September 2, 2005
    andy wrote:
    could you provide a link to your site, and the page in question that shows what you are asking about?
    Sure it's arthill.smugmug.com In the screen shot below I'm wanting all the white to be blue.
    screenshot.jpg
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, however, there is.
    Art Hill
  • Options
    bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited September 2, 2005
    arthill wrote:
    Sure it's arthill.smugmug.com In the screen shot below I'm wanting all the white to be blue.
    hi art...you've got some confusion going on in your stylesheet is all.

css uses the attribute:value; notation where html uses the attribute="value" notation.

in your stylesheet you have:
    body {font-family: Verdana, Arial Rounded MT Bold, Arial;
     [color=Orange]background-color="lightskyblue" ; color="midnightblue"[/color]}

which should be:
     [color=Orange]background-color: lightskyblue; color: midnightblue;[/color]}

the highlighted lines are what needs to be changed.
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    edited September 2, 2005
    bigwebguy wrote:
    hi art...you've got some confusion going on in your stylesheet is all.

css uses the attribute:value; notation where html uses the attribute="value" notation.

in your stylesheet you have:
    [color=orange]background-color="lightskyblue" ; color="midnightblue"[/color]}

which should be:
    [color=orange]background-color: lightskyblue; color: midnightblue;[/color]}

the highlighted lines are what needs to be changed.
    Thanks a million. I'm pretty embarrased:bash
    Art Hill