Options

Getting rid of green titles

snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
edited September 3, 2005 in SmugMug Support
Well, I read through the tips and found Andy's tip on getting rid of the user name on home page. #userName {display: none;} worked fine. But, #userHome {display: none;} did not work. It still says "home".

then in the subcategories it has another "green" title. It says susan appel's travel subcategories in bright green. I would like to get rid of the name and have it just say "Travel Subcategories". Can anyone help me here?

I would actually like to change all of those titles to something other than bright green.

I would also like to change the gray boxes to a darker gray or a tan color. Can anyone help with that?

Thanks in advance for all help. Much appreciated.

PS.
I just checked out my "people" gallery and found that hovering over the thumbnails produced the green border again. I thought I had changed that to white, but it seems to have only changed some galleries. Any ideas on fixing that would be very much appreciated.
"A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
Susan Appel Photography My Blog

Comments

• Options
    Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2005
    snapapple wrote:
    Well, I read through the tips and found Andy's tip on getting rid of the user name on home page. #userName {display: none;} worked fine. But, #userHome {display: none;} did not work. It still says "home".

then in the subcategories it has another "green" title. It says susan appel's travel subcategories in bright green. I would like to get rid of the name and have it just say "Travel Subcategories". Can anyone help me here?

I would actually like to change all of those titles to something other than bright green.

I would also like to change the gray boxes to a darker gray or a tan color. Can anyone help with that?

Thanks in advance for all help. Much appreciated.

PS.
    I just checked out my "people" gallery and found that hovering over the thumbnails produced the green border again. I thought I had changed that to white, but it seems to have only changed some galleries. Any ideas on fixing that would be very much appreciated.
    You have a bug in your CSS code. Look closely at the braces and you'll see you have an opening brace after #userName. Make that a closing brace and "Home" will go away. Make sure you do this before you do anything else or none of this will work properly.

Once you change that put in the following to change anything with a title attribute to #c0c0c0:

* .title {color:#c0c0c0;}

To change all your image borders put this in:

* .imgBorder {border-color:#000000;}
    * .imgBorderOn {border-color:#ffffff;}

These will change all the border colors to be black and white on the hover. You can change the colors to be whatver you'd like.
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2005
    Mike Lane wrote:
    You have a bug in your CSS code. Look closely at the braces and you'll see you have an opening brace after #userName. Make that a closing brace and "Home" will go away. Make sure you do this before you do anything else or none of this will work properly.

Once you change that put in the following to change anything with a title attribute to #c0c0c0:

* .title {color:#c0c0c0;}

To change all your image borders put this in:

* .imgBorder {border-color:#000000;}
    * .imgBorderOn {border-color:#ffffff;}

These will change all the border colors to be black and white on the hover. You can change the colors to be whatver you'd like.
    Thanks so much Mike. Going in to make the changes now. Sorry it was my goof. My fingers must be dislexic.
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog