Options

Cowboy Mounted Shooting

Bullets and Barbed wireBullets and Barbed wire Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
edited March 30, 2011 in Sports
Spiritual guidance is Welcomed.
Just getting started.

Comments

• Options
    MomaZunkMomaZunk Registered Users Posts: 421 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2011
    My first thought is I would like to see the horse's feet.

I am also interested in what your camera settings.

I really like the timing of the capture wit the muzzle blast and the balloon still intact. I also like the glow on her face.
  • Options
    Bullets and Barbed wireBullets and Barbed wire Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited March 23, 2011
    Spiritual guidance is Welcomed.
    Just getting started.

I shoot a Sony A900, this one ISO 1600, f/3.5, exp.[1/200].
    The lens is a 70 -200,2.8 at 160mm.
  • Options
    JSPhotographyJSPhotography Registered Users Posts: 552 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2011
    Nice capture. That is some pretty good timing. You suppose you could get the ballon impact next time:)
  • Options
    edited March 23, 2011
    Nice capture. That is some pretty good timing. You suppose you could get the ballon impact next time:)
    JSP,
    It is ALL Luck.
    These are my first post as a beginner.
    Thanks,
  • Options
    Sexy6ChickSexy6Chick Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2011
    ^now that's awesome! Shooting horse shows is hard enough but this has to be 10 times harder to catch. I think you're doing really good!
    ~*Natalie*~

A lover of all things photography.

Olympus E-500

My Smugmug Gallery
  • Options
    JSPhotographyJSPhotography Registered Users Posts: 552 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2011
    Laughing.gif, that is cool, I can't believe you had that shot. Fess Up, your using an external sound trigger. If not, you must be really living right. I hope some promoter paid you a lot for those pics.
  • Options
    MileHighAkoMileHighAko Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2011
    I think you're brave to be shooting facing the business end of those cowboy guns.
  • Options
    FlyNavyFlyNavy Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2011
  • Options
    edited March 30, 2011
    Adam,
    You've got a really Nice website.
    I am considering following in a similar format with the top banner and full screen slideshow.
    How hard was the process?
    BTW.... the pistols use black powder blanks and I got a GREAT BIG lens. Thanks.
  • Options
    MileHighAkoMileHighAko Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2011
    Adam,
    You've got a really Nice website.
    I am considering following in a similar format with the top banner and full screen slideshow.
    How hard was the process?
    BTW.... the pistols use black powder blanks and I got a GREAT BIG lens. Thanks.

Thanks for the compliment. For the full screen slideshow I followed the instructions for FastLine Media's Full-Screen Slideshow Tutorial. It wasn't hard to get going, but took a bit of work to get my banners just right. I'm a geek by day, so customizing smug wasn't something that was completely new.