Options

Northern Virginia - indoor portraits?

MoxMox Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
Do any of you Northern Virginians have suggestions for interesting indoor or sheltered outdoor rainy day portrait locations? This weekend's clients are in Warrenton and Manassas, but I'm open to suggestions anywhere in the general NoVA region.

Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2011
    Mox wrote: »
    Do any of you Northern Virginians have suggestions for interesting indoor or sheltered outdoor rainy day portrait locations? This weekend's clients are in Warrenton and Manassas, but I'm open to suggestions anywhere in the general NoVA region.

Thank you!

There's a very large gazebo at the McLean Community Center. Corner of Dolly Madison and Old Dominion. With judicious use of DOF, you have 360 degrees of potential acceptible backgrounds, depending on the sun. Reasonably interesting railings and columns. Not ugly anyway.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • Options
    MoxMox Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2011
  • Options
    ThatCanonGuyThatCanonGuy Registered Users Posts: 1,778 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2011
    Umm... a plastic weather shelter at walmart?

No, seriously, I don't really know of any off the top of my head. Our Town Green here in Vienna is nice, although I have never shot there and don't know how much shelter is available. Nottoway Park is very nice, with plenty of woods and trails (and baseball fields:D) but not much shelter there either.

Edit: but don't drive all the way here for those, I am sure there are better places for sheltered portraits nearer you. Those are just the only ones I could think of now.

Anyone else from around here?

Edit again: Oh, DC would be great, esp. with the cherry blossoms and stuff.