Options

Spring in Texas (Now With Husky)

kithylinkithylin Registered Users Posts: 229 Major grins
edited April 6, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
Spring time Blue Bonnets, or "Lupines", now with my Siberian Husky, Sabrina in them.

You can click on each image to see a very large detailed version if you wish.
5583872484_764566e9c3_b.jpg

5583284019_93394c3696_b.jpg

5592398739_5f92daf614_b.jpg

This time color-corrected with PhotoShop CS5 a little because I'll be submitting one to a photography contest, not sure which one to send yet, maybe you guys could help me decide on which is the very best out of these three?
Sony Alpha SLT-A35 16.5 MP DSLR
Minolta AF Zoom 70-210 F/4.5-5.6
Minolta AF Zoom 35-70 F/3.5-4.5
Places I post my work DeviantArt & FLICKR

Comments

• Options
    jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2011
    #1 for me Kithylin. Awesome colors and contrast. You did very well on the correction. thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifclap.gif
    Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    edited April 2, 2011
    jiro wrote: »
    #1 for me Kithylin. Awesome colors and contrast. You did very well on the correction. thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifclap.gif

Thanks for the comments. Me and mom IRL are leaning towards #3 though.
  • Options
    WillCADWillCAD Registered Users Posts: 722 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2011
    I also like #1 the best. You can see the most of the dog, and the dog is in a classic 3/4 pose. Beautiful dog, beautiful field of flowers, and beautiful pics.
    What I said when I saw the Grand Canyon for the first time: "The wide ain't wide enough and the zoom don't zoom enough!"
  • Options
    50D50D Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited April 2, 2011
    I like #3 thumb.gif
    Canon 50D_Canon 24-105L_Sigma 30mm EX_Sigma 10-20mm EX 4-5.6_Canon 430EX II_Manfrotto 190XPROB/324RC2
  • Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2011
    My pick is #2, but I'd work some more on bringing out the blues. I do like the first one too because your dogs eyes really pop on that one. Matches the flowers too :D

Beautiful dog :D
  • Options
    edited April 2, 2011
    Dogdots wrote: »
    My pick is #2, but I'd work some more on bringing out the blues. I do like the first one too because your dogs eyes really pop on that one. Matches the flowers too :D

Beautiful dog :D

Well in general the colors looked a little dull, I just wanted to make the photos *pop* and get the attention of the contest judges, so overall wanted it to look a tad better.

We/I (me and my mom) Decided to go with #3. for the contest, but thank you guys for your comments and little votes here on the forums.

I think I'm getting the hang of this photography thing. :D
  • Options
    redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2011
    Very nice shots! Good luck with the contest. Where did you shoot these? I haven't seen too many bluebonnets down here yet. It won't compare to last year's wildflower crop--that was amazing!

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Options
    edited April 2, 2011
    redleash wrote: »
    Very nice shots! Good luck with the contest. Where did you shoot these? I haven't seen too many bluebonnets down here yet. It won't compare to last year's wildflower crop--that was amazing!

Lauren

There's a big open field infront of the new Irving Convention Center, in Irving, TX. The new road they built to drive down to the new convention center is a public road and doesn't say no stopping/standing/parking, so we just stopped there, parked, and walked out into the field for a while, put the dog's cork-screw steak into the ground and connected her lead and let her run in the flowers for a bit, then packed up and left.

The Convention Center
    5583575825_df686a4bc8_b.jpg

And to the right of it, way across the field you can see where they are building the new Light Rail connection to run the new DART Electric Trains to the convention center. The field where we were, was just out in the open between these two spots, you can see the flowers here. Probably private land, but we weren't harming anything, and weren't there very long.
    5583575941_8e10af444f_b.jpg
  • Options
    Wicked_DarkWicked_Dark Registered Users Posts: 1,138 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2011
    I'd go with #2 as I think it's framed a bit better and there's no sign of the leash. Gorgeous dog. I had one as a kid, huskies are a challenging breed but terrific.
  • Options
    edited April 3, 2011
    I'd go with #2 as I think it's framed a bit better and there's no sign of the leash. Gorgeous dog. I had one as a kid, huskies are a challenging breed but terrific.

yep they can be a challange at times, and some folks don't understand why they can't ever be off-leash like 'normal dogs' but it's fine, we love our Sabrina puppy :D
  • Options
    redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2011
    What a great field to work with! Thanks for the details. I'd heard about the DART but not the new Irving conv center. (I used to live in Ft Worth.) I checked the wildflower reports and it looks like there are some starting to get in full swing now. I'm going to check it out over the next few days.
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Options
    Wicked_DarkWicked_Dark Registered Users Posts: 1,138 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2011
    You aren't kidding about off leash. When Heidi escaped her chain in the yard she'd be gone for days and come back covered in mud and sticks, smelling like 50 dirty dogs.
  • Options
    TenThirteenTenThirteen Registered Users Posts: 488 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2011
    clap.gif #2
    Canon Fan
  • Options
    edited April 4, 2011
    You aren't kidding about off leash. When Heidi escaped her chain in the yard she'd be gone for days and come back covered in mud and sticks, smelling like 50 dirty dogs.

You're lucky she came back at all, we had a Siberian Husky female a long time ago back when I was 12, she chewed a hole in the wooden fence and ripped a plank or two off with her paw and we found her picked up by a pound, 15 miles away, 2 days later. Now we don't ever let our huskies off lead/leash even for a second.

redleash wrote: »
    What a great field to work with! Thanks for the details. I'd heard about the DART but not the new Irving conv center. (I used to live in Ft Worth.) I checked the wildflower reports and it looks like there are some starting to get in full swing now. I'm going to check it out over the next few days.

The new light rail electric system by DART isn't 100% finished, but when it's done you'll be able to get on way up north in Plano and ride all the way to the west end in Dallas, (I think with a transfer over in down town most likely, I'm not sure). Farmers Branch and dallas are connected, and some parts of Irving are connected, but they're still building it. Should be pretty nice when it's done. Arlington is still upholding any public transit in their city though. headscratch.gifhuh
  • Options
    AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2011
    I would go with #3.......You could clone out the leash and collar and I believe it would show a little better for you.....Good luck with the contestthumb.gif
  • Options
    edited April 5, 2011
    Azzaro wrote: »
    I would go with #3.......You could clone out the leash and collar and I believe it would show a little better for you.....Good luck with the contestthumb.gif

Done and done, re-uploaded to various sites and updated the image links in the thread to new version with no leash. There's a slight trace in the full size version, but probably won't notice unless you know what to look for. :D My first 'experiment' with the clone-stamp tool.
  • Options
    edited April 5, 2011
    kithylin wrote: »
    Done and done, re-uploaded to various sites and updated the image links in the thread to new version with no leash. There's a slight trace in the full size version, but probably won't notice unless you know what to look for. :D My first 'experiment' with the clone-stamp tool.

Good job....I would clone the purple out also........:D
  • Options
    edited April 5, 2011
    Good job....I would clone the purple out also........:D

i figured that'd be too difficult to make look realistic by how it displaces her fur coat a bit, so.. I didn't attempt it. It crossed my mind though! mwink.gif
  • Options
    edited April 5, 2011
    kithylin wrote: »
    i figured that'd be too difficult to make look realistic by how it displaces her fur coat a bit, so.. I didn't attempt it. It crossed my mind though! mwink.gif

Give it a try....you can always hit the undo button:D I do it all the timerolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited April 6, 2011
    Give it a try....you can always hit the undo button:D I do it all the timerolleyes1.gif

haha... I couldn't work on anything without the undo button....clap.gif