Getting the Shot

attorneyjayattorneyjay Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
edited April 11, 2011 in Sports
1244792803_9h5F7-M.jpg#1244792803_9h5F7-A-LB

Comments

• Options
    KikopriceKikoprice Registered Users Posts: 153 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2011
    Whatever it takes to get the shot...if you can get the access. I wonder how his shot turned out.
  • Options
    Mark1616Mark1616 Registered Users Posts: 319 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2011
    That's the problem now isn't it, I'm longing to see the other angle........

I'm here to learn so please feel free to give me constructive criticism to help me become the photographer I desire to be.

• Options
    ThatCanonGuyThatCanonGuy Registered Users Posts: 1,778 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2011
    I'm seeing one pic. Is there another one that's supposed to be there? There's a red X on the right.
  • Options
    attorneyjayattorneyjay Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
    edited April 10, 2011
    Kikoprice wrote: »
    Whatever it takes to get the shot...if you can get the access. I wonder how his shot turned out.

The shooter is a local newspaper photographer. A few of his shots were in the paper the next day, but not this one. So, I don't know how it came out.
  • Options
    73Rocks73Rocks Registered Users Posts: 147 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2011
    Kikoprice wrote: »

Personally I wouldn't have taken a postion that close up . . . the last thing I want to be is a distraction.

One of my techniques for hurdle shots is to wait for the 300 meter hurdles. Almost every track has banked turns . . . so I pick a spot downslope from a set of hurdles on the turn and either sit or lay prone and try to catch them as they come over the hurdle. It's almost the same as the guy in the picture but it is away from the action.

835193815_EbQJa-L.jpg

835193019_cK4kH-L.jpg