Options

#74 -- Weird EXIF Dude

ghinsonghinson Registered Users Posts: 933 Major grins
edited April 13, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
Here's my Kubrick shot. Let's call it, "The Embryonic Miracle of 2001: A Space Odyssey"

1249967255_NQqP9-L.jpg

You get the reference?

If not, here's a hint:

1249967101_mwZyh-M.jpg

Of course, I cannot use it. Even though I used a Digital Camera, the GE Voluson 730 Pro, and even though the exposure settings are right there embedded in the scene, you know how Sean is about his EXIF's. :D

Back to the drawing board.
uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
ackdoc.com

Comments

• Options
    slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,196 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2011
    Well, I got it! I've actually seen 2001: Space Odyssey. I don't think I've seen any other Kubrick films as they usually don't interest me.

Too bad you can't use this one. It is unique and not something most others would be able to duplicate. :D

Sherry
  • Options
    sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2011
    I'm not sure why you can not use it? The date is right on the image as being within the challenge time frame and if you used a digital camera to take the image why is there no EXIF?
  • Options
    ghinsonghinson Registered Users Posts: 933 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2011
    The "digital camera" is an ultrasound machine and, at least in the format that I have access to, the images do not have any metadata.
    uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
    ackdoc.com
  • Options
    sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2011
    ghinson wrote: »
    The "digital camera" is an ultrasound machine and, at least in the format that I have access to, the images do not have any metadata.

Okay that makes more sense. Too bad:cry
  • Options
    travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2011
    Fantastic realization!
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    rbustraenrbustraen Registered Users Posts: 127 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2011
    ghinson wrote: »

Actually, the images have TONS of metadata. It's call DICOM HEADER information.

If you can get a copy of the DICOM image that is typically send to a PACS system, I can extract the DDO_HEADER information and that time stamps the date of the image. It's like an EXIF, but it has tons more data, such as modality, patient information, type of image, compression, etc...

Had to chime in there as I work with these images all day in a Agfa PACS environment.

I'm not too sure how it works south of the border, but you can typically ask for the images on a CD, there is a cost for that here in Canada, and from there it's easy to get the information out :D

- Randy
    - Randy

Photo Of The Day & My SmugMug Gallery
    Canon 7D and not enough L glass....