Options

smugblogs - release notes, web tricks, pro tips - oh my!

onethumbonethumb Administrators Posts: 1,269 Major grins
edited September 5, 2005 in SmugMug Support
As scary as the inside of our heads might be, you can now get a front row seat. :)

smugblogs - where smugmug goes to blog

We've gotten so much value out of our interaction and communication with all of you here that we thought we'd add another weapon to our arsenal.

dgrin is fantastic as a discussion mechanism, but it's not ideal for getting authoritative information straight from the horse's mouth to you. smugblogs should take care of that specific target.

Much of the time, I'm sure we'll be cross-posting between the two sites so we can really leverage the best of both worlds.

All the blogs support RSS feeds, so you can use your favorite feed reader to stay up-to-the-minute with whatever subjects of ours you care most about.

The "topics" blogs will always stay on-topic, but the "personalities" blogs might range all over the place. You've been warned. :)

Also, we're enabling many of them to allow YOU to submit your own articles. Register for an account and go to town. Share your pro sales secrets, smugmug customization tips, and everything else.

Enjoy!

Don

Comments

• Options
    BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited June 25, 2005
    I wanted a blog on color & printing because our help pages are getting too full and I want to point people to specific articles in the blog when they have a specialized question.

For example, there's the strange world of Safari and how it paints colors like no other browser. I can't do a help section on it because it effects too few customers and the other 99% who are fortunate enough to be Safari-free would have to step over it to find the help sections they're looking for.

But when an email comes in asking why their colors are all messed up, I can point them to the strange world of Safari article I'm about to write.
  • Options
    sitsit Registered Users Posts: 87 Big grins
    edited July 12, 2005
    Cool! Is there a chance of setting up something like planet.gnome.org (or livejournal communities) that aggregates posts from the different authors on the front page?
  • Options
    KimRKimR Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited July 19, 2005
    Hey is there any chance you will open up the smugmug blogs for all of us smugmug users to use too????

hint hint hint..... I want one!!! =)
  • Options
    tkrummentkrummen Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited September 5, 2005
    KimR wrote:
    Hey is there any chance you will open up the smugmug blogs for all of us smugmug users to use too????

hint hint hint..... I want one!!! =)
    I second the motion !!
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2005
    Baldy wrote:
    I can point them to the strange world of Safari article I'm about to write.

What ever happened to that article? I'd like to read it.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    BoomerangNetwork.comBoomerangNetwork.com Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
    edited September 5, 2005
    Great idea on the bolg. They are going to be the next communication tool for the masses.
    Andrew Osterberg

Moving Beyond Photography

VirtualPhotographyStudio.com