Options

SOLD: SB-600 Speedlight (Scratch & Dent)

bloomphotogbloomphotog Registered Users Posts: 582 Major grins
edited April 16, 2011 in Nikon Land
This a great deal for someone looking to add another light to their CLS studio system.

Good: Everything works great except...

Bad: The flashhead does not zoom, and is fixed at around 15mm. It fell off a stand and the zoom motor broke off the mount. The flashhead is now positioned at the widest possible setting, closer to the flash lens than the stock 24mm. This works great for closeups and even better for use in a softbox of modifier. The TTL functionality is still intact, works like normal. Oh, and the right side dustcover is missing.

I switched to Canon so this guy has got to go.

$130, shipped.

1252322264_vkZgi-M.jpg
1252322465_yju3S-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    edited April 16, 2011
    Bump for price drop!
  • Options
    TmetroffTmetroff Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
    edited April 16, 2011
    I wish you would have posted this a week sooner. I just bought one for 200! ahh bummer
  • Options
    PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2011
    Lemme make sure I understand this.

I never fire the flash directly at my subject and always bounce off a wall or, most often, use some kind of bounce card or lightsphere-like device. You're saying this flash would work fine for that?
  • Options
    edited April 16, 2011
    Pupator wrote: »
    Lemme make sure I understand this.

I never fire the flash directly at my subject and always bounce off a wall or, most often, use some kind of bounce card or lightsphere-like device. You're saying this flash would work fine for that?

The only limitation here is bare flash throw distance. If your using a modifier it will most likely work better due to the wider flash beam.
  • Options
    edited April 16, 2011