Options

Vineyard E-sesh Teaser

marikrismarikris Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
edited April 19, 2011 in Weddings
Super fun couple. He was so excited about getting their photos done (he's an amateur photographer) and it was such a breath of fresh air to have that kind of energy in the shoot.

1255346388_drPQpK3-M.jpg

Thanks for looking, and what do you think about the white balance? I've been having issues with my calibrated laptop monitor, so I have been using an external monitor to extend my workspace.

Comments

• Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2011
    I like the wine shot the most of these!
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2011
    The top shot seems to have a bit of distortion, how wide is the lens you used? I really like the second shot!
  • Options
    FlyNavyFlyNavy Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2011
  • Options
    vivalaveritasvivalaveritas Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
    edited April 17, 2011
  • Options
    edited April 17, 2011
    Thanks, guys!

Shima > 16-35 on the wide end for sure.
  • Options
    Matt's CameraMatt's Camera Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited April 18, 2011
    I'm liking both images, but kinda wish that the first shot was a little less centered. Maybe take advantage of the wide angle and get some more sky in the shot? On the second, the lines on the ceiling really draw you in. Just enough light on the barrels to know where you are. Really cool.
    Matt P | Website | Facebook
  • Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2011
    I'm liking your work...post processing...poses. But, the clown sized big foot is killing the first one. It looks like you may have been too close. Also, in the future...you may want to not let the leading arm/shoulder drop forward on the woman. Look at the top of her arm near the shoulder...you can see what looks like a bone and socket...err...where the arm and shoulder meet. In number one look how much smaller her face is than his...compare to number two...you can easily see that her face is as large as his. This is another sign that you were too close.

Your skin tones look a little red on my calibrated monitor...what do the numbers look like. If your magenta is more than your yellow...with little or no blue...you are generally overheated. This you can do even if your having trouble with your monitor or on an uncalibrated monitor.

BTW...your number two is really nice...good work.

Just my two cents...
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • Options
    edited April 19, 2011
    Matt > Thanks! I will keep that in mind about the less centered-ness. I will admit that during the shoot, sometimes I get so focused on something and forget other poses, etc. It's good you pointed that out, thank you!

Ed > I totally see what you mean on both shoulder and foot and will remember it for the future. Thanks for the tip on the leading shoulder.

I took an eyedropper to the skin on the guy's forehead on the websized pic,
    RGB: 247, 214, 207

And the non ps'd tiff:
    RGB: 228, 188, 177

It's such a pain in the butt having a calibrated monitor that is not giving calibrated results. It really makes me second guess and triple guess my work.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited April 19, 2011
    Shima wrote: »
    The top shot seems to have a bit of distortion, how wide is the lens you used? I really like the second shot!
    Look at the guys foot...it looks to be as big as a surf board. Also the watermark is waaaaay too overpowering.
  • Options
    edited April 19, 2011
    Thanks for the feedback, Jeff. Appreciate it.
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2011
    Soo...

Are you gonna keep teasing us or are you gonna post more? mwink.gif
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    edited April 19, 2011
    Ahhh, in about a week or so once I finish processing the session :-p
  • Options