Options

miami area beaches

dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
Any recommendations on beaches to shoot on while in Miami? Planning some swimwear shoots next week.

I've shot at beach @ South Pointe Park in SOBE a couple of times now, but just curious if anyone has other recommendations. Looking for both sunrise and sunset locations and I'm fairly familiar with the area.

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
website blog instagram facebook g+

Comments

• Options
    YaflyyadieYaflyyadie Registered Users Posts: 558 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2011
    South beach area, Crandon park lots and Virginia Key.
    Also Haulover beach, careful, sort of nude place.
    Four very good places.beer.gif
  • Options
    edited April 23, 2011
    Yaflyyadie wrote: »
    South beach area, Crandon park lots and Virginia Key.
    Also Haulover beach, careful, sort of nude place.
    Four very good places.beer.gif

Thanks, Yaflyyadie. Just got back from my trip and unfortunately didn't see your reply until now. Still found some cool places to shoot. Will definitely give your places consideration on future visits.

My trip took me to a couple of cool places. One model recommended Dania Beach north of Miami and that was pretty great. Easy parking, a nice pier and a really low key, uncrowded beach north of the pier. I also shot at South Pointe Park in SOBE -- been there a couple of times and it's nice in the morning but crowded in the evening. Delray beach was nice at sunrise and has some catamarans on the beach just north for scenic variety.

For non-beach, the city park at 17th and Washington in South Beach is awesome. Lots of palm trees and cool sculptures. Some weird homeless people too so watch your stuff and be aware they often prefer the best shaded spots that happen to be what you might prefer for diffused light for portraits, fashion and beauty shots.

• Options
    edited April 23, 2011
    Glad you found great places to shoot.
    There are many places in Miami, of course you have to be selective, but they are beautiful.
    And yes, the homeless are all around, they don't mess with you, but you have to keep and eye on your toys just in case.
    Thanks.beer.gif
  • Options
    edited April 23, 2011
    134089718.jpg

SOBE @ South Pointe Park once the crowds cleared out :D

Looking forward to my next visit to Miami and will definitely check out those other recommendations.

Another place I visited but didn't shoot at was Matheson Hammock County Park. Seemed like a lot of potential there with the sheltered swim lagoon and mangrove trees.

• Options
    edited April 23, 2011
    Matheson Hammock, I forgot, Sorry.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Bring some mosquito repellent just in case.
    Mangrove= big mosquitoes.
    Listerine.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! great mosquito killer and repellent.
    By the way, very beautiful model and awesome picture.......
    CJ.beer.gif