Options

One of 3000+ Photos.....

dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
edited September 7, 2005 in Holy Macro
From this past weekend. This is one of the windows from the call were the wedding reception was held on sunday near PA. Many more wedding photos will follow but this photo was something I was going for on my own. I like it but what do you guys think?

thewindow600.jpg
Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
www.zxstudios.com
http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    edited September 6, 2005
    I like it Gary. I call these shots situational or setting shots. Everyone concentrates so much on shooting the bride, but sometimes I think the bride also enjoys seeing things she did not get a chance to see because she was so busy herself.

I shot a wedding last weekend also, and my setting shot was like this... Shot just before the wedding began. We'll see if the bride likes it in a week or so when she gets back from her honeymoon

34808993-L.jpg
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    edited September 6, 2005
    :): Well she should like it cause I do. Love the clouds in the sky.

A side note. I am not a golfer by anymeans. Yet I am finding the more weddings I shoot I am spending more time at golf courses than my friends who play golf ne_nau.gif .
    www.zxstudios.com
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    edited September 7, 2005
    :): Well she should like it cause I do. Love the clouds in the sky.

A side note. I am not a golfer by anymeans. Yet I am finding the more weddings I shoot I am spending more time at golf courses than my friends who play golf ne_nau.gif .

Thanks Gary. The tent itself was just not that interesting, but then that lovely circular cloud appeared out of nowwhere - How could I pass that up??

Speaking of golf courses - shooting black tuxedos and white satin gowns in shade against the brightly lit greens has taught me a new respect for wedding shooters. :D:D And I am defintely getting the hang of the Shadow/Highlight tool too. Raw really saved my butt several times.

Shooting a wedding feels like I am trying to play a piano solo in the back of a pickup truck roaring across a plowed field. Just short of organized chaos. But kind of fun too. thumb.gif
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    edited September 7, 2005
    pathfinder wrote:
    Thanks Gary. The tent itself was just not that interesting, but then that lovely circular cloud appeared out of nowwhere - How could I pass that up??

Speaking of golf courses - shooting black tuxedos and white satin gowns in shade against the brightly lit greens has taught me a new respect for wedding shooters. :D:D And I am defintely getting the hang of the Shadow/Highlight tool too. Raw really saved my butt several times.

Shooting a wedding feels like I am trying to play a piano solo in the back of a pickup truck roaring across a plowed field. Just short of organized chaos. But kind of fun too. thumb.gif

Yup it is and I love it. Shooting in raw for weddings is almost a must. However you can still make some pretty profound adjustments to jpg's with CS and CS2. Once ya do it a few times it gets pretty easy specially when your outside. Now dimely lit inside weddings are a whole different story.
    www.zxstudios.com
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2005
    pathfinder wrote:
    34808993-L.jpg

Pathfinder, you are a dirty old man, my friend.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2005
    Im with you garry & PF.

No way could i get a shot of them leaving the church & not get in the pro photogs way so i do stuff backwards & sometimes get things a pro will never get.

This is an important style of shooting to me as it almost guarantees you stuff that no one else has.

23334276-M.jpg

• Options
    mereimagemereimage Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2005
    Never thought of it that way
    Whose the dirty old man. Its supposed to symbolize her ring-band with 3 diamonds. But thats ok they are supposed to be making babies soon so both viewpoints workclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Mereimage